Small Update on David C

Remembering Dave

Hey, this is Karen. Don't want anyone to think I am speaking for him, and that I'm not letting him on the computer or something (trust me, that would never happen) but he had his chemo yesterday (topotecan) AND his zometa (the IV drug that builds bone growth) and every time he gets them together, he has EXCRUIATING pain the next day. this morning he got up and screamed at the top of his lungs, just trying to sit down in his recliner (his command post). It was awful. but I admit to being slightly annoyed with him, because when this happened the first time he got topotecan and zometa together, the onco doc said it was probably getting them at the same time, the bone drug (which is acid based) was probably delivering that chemo right into the bones, causing extra pain, so the new game plan was to give them to Dave separately, not on the same day, but days apart. Well, Dave has decided that he's tired of paying a $20 copay every time he walks in the door there, so he asked to get the zometa and chemo together this time to save himself $20. That's why I'm annoyed. What's $20 when you're in excruiating pain? I'd say paying an extra $20 is worth avoiding some extra pain.

So half of me is watching him, cringing, feeling so very bad for him and wishing I could DO something, and the other half of me just wants to kick him in his backside!!!

He's probably going to read this and be absolutely furious with me. I LOVE YOU HONEY!!!

anyway, he read the thread last night looking for him, but felt too much like doo doo to post back anything. I think he is planning his come back, though, in full drag, as soon as he is up to it. Watch out!

Karen

I hate that he is in that kind of pain. The worst I had was with that neupogen, the bone pain is awful. I have never had screaming pain except having babies. Men don't have a clue about that pain. (sorry guys)

That said, I do understand him trying to save money. It is so hard on us-(the ones who are costing our families a FORTUNE)- to not try to cut costs if we can. I have done it. I wish there was someway to go thru the treatments without it financially doing us in!!

Tell Dave to hang in, he is in my prayers and so are you Karen.

Cindy

So sorry for all that Dave is going through. But for 20 dollars.... I guess he's a gluten for punishment.

But at least tomorrow is Friday, and I hope your Aunt is still coming so you can get aways a bit and just have a fun time with her and Hope.

Be strong and take care of yourself too.

Maryanne

Alright Dave $20 is worth it not to have as much pain! I know $ is tight, I'm still not getting a check until 09/05, never lived off my husbands salary alone (kinda interesting and amusing!).

Hang in there, between the cancer treatment, heart problems and prednisone problems.....I'm ready to give up. My mother has to knock me around everyday and try to straighten me out. That's why I have been away and not posting or talking.

I know that I have felt like crap for a year now (happy one year anniversary yesterday - couldn;t even make it that far!), anyway......I can only imagine what you have been through over the years with no break. Hang in there, you do give me strength to go on!

Hi, everyone! I hope Dave gets on and posts, he was feeling MUCH BETTER this morning, he was up when I got up, and he fixed and fed Faith her breakfast (he hasn't done that in a long time) and was in such a good mood he was talking about driving himself into town and visiting his office, which he literally hasn't set foot in for almost a year. I told him he'd better post because some people are thinking I locked him up in a closet or something, but he just made one of his he man grunt sounds.

so, I suppose saving $20 is worth just one day of awful pain, ha.

Yes, my aunt and uncle are on their way over right now, and bringing along another aunt and uncle, too. they're all fairly entertaining in their own little charming ways, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Karen

Well Karen, it looks like you are going to have a full house. I bet you can't wait. And with Dave feeling so much better, I know this is going to be a great weeken for all of you.

What a diffeence a day makes. I pray he continues to feel better!!

Maryanne

I was so glad to read Dave was doing much better today. It has got to feel good to everybody to see him up, in a good mood and making breakfast!

Sure hope he is able to make it into his office today to visit with co-workers. It would probably really cheer him up and make him feel good.

Hope you all have a wonderful visit with the aunts and uncles because you guys sure need a break and some happy, laughing, good times!

Enjoy and I hope everything just keeps getting better for you guys!

Diane

Hey, Maryanne, they're actually staying at a motel halfway between our house and my parents' house, so they can spend time with all of us and not burden anyone - good idea, I don't think we have room for all of them, and my mom is so sick, she says they wouldn't burden her but when she has company in the house she doesn't give herself any down time. one uncle is recovery from heart surgery so this way everyone has a place to retreat to when they need a rest.

yes, it seemed like a miracle, Dave feeling so much better although I have my suspicions about how much oxycontin and percoset it took, ha!

Karen