my husband

nancy c

:cry: please help me-i have a question. my husband is in the hospital very ill. please read his hx below. the dr thinks he has liver involvement now that is aggressive. they are doing a cat scan today.the dr said if there is advanced liver disease-there are other chemos he can try. but when is enough enough?? he is sooo ill right now. if we get him strong again --do we want to tear him down with chemo with no guarantees?? i am so confused and scare. thank you,nancy c

Hang in there...there will be lots of ups and downs. It is the old saying that things have to get worse before they get better. The chemo will take the good cells with the bad but he should recoup his strength and be able to have more. Avastin is the new "hot" drug people are writing about for lung cancer...hopefully it will work for him.

Rochelle

Try to cheer up, Nancy. There are just a lot of really tough times with this disease. I truly thought that when my husband was having chemo and radiation that it was going to kill him instead of the cancer. He slept so much that I thought one day he just wouldn't wake up.

Now he's working full time and doing pretty darn good.

Hang in there and stay close to this board. We will help you through the tough times.

Love,

Peggy

Nancy, I am so sorry to hear your husband is in the hospital right now and things are so difficult. A few weeks ago my Dad was so weak and had lost so much weight he couldnt get up from his chair. Now 2 weeks later, we went out to dinner for his favorite pasta meal. He has put on 5 lbs (he had lost 55 lbs) and is feeling stronger. I pray things will turn around for your husband and give you the strength to see him through.

Nancy T

Nancy,

I'll be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. I wish I had some advice for you as to when enough is enough, but I don't. I hope your heart will lead you and your husband to the right answers. In the meantime, we are here for you.

Love,

:D thanks to all of you again-i did post on the expert part and i do say mike's dr has been very open with me and very compasinate. i do pray for a miracle and pray he is ok to attend our daughter's wedding in a week. will keep you posted. thanks and god bless,nancy c