STEREOTACTIC RADIOSURGERY

sues

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all the support so far and in the future.

Does anyone know much of the SRS ?

I'm to do my prep for it, tomorrow. Another ct and a STEALTH MRI.

I guess this is the way to go for the brain mets.

Then next week we go for it. My treatments are just starting and of course I'm scared to death. This is, of course, the first. After the SRS then starts the radiation and chemo. But I'm ready !! I'm ready to do battle with whatever it takes to survive !

Sues,

Welcome to our wonderful community. I'm sorry that you have to be here. Sounds like you are handling things very well, for just being diagnosed. I have not had stereotactic radiosurgery, but have had whole brain radiation. Sounds like they will be able to target your brain mets individually and zap them away. I'm sure you will hear from those who have had it.

Wishing you the best outcome and please let us know how you are doing.

TAnn

Dear Sues,

My husband had stereotactic radiosurgery to 6 brain mets in Nov. 2003 with the Novalis machine. He previously had 8 mets to be treated, but 6 disappeared with WBR prior to Novalis. It was a very long day to get all 6 zapped, but 2 more disappeared, and the remaining 4 shrank about 30%. The 4 remaining mets (largest was about 1.5 cm.) remained stable until Feb. or Mar. of this year (well over a year).

He had no lingering side effects from the treatment, not even a headache the next day, which some have reported. I was real worried about the "screws" they use to anchor the helmet, but once they were set, he had no pain, and afterward the marks disappeared, and you about need a magnifying glass to find them today.

If you are claustrophic, you might want to ask for some ativan or something to take prior to the exam.

Prayers for GREAT results!

Love,

Peggy

I am so happy to have all of you here. I have had one day so far.. For some reason I can't keep my spirits up.( I haven't even started treatments )

I want to throw in the towel and say forget it, let nature take it's course.

Then I see how long and hard you all have fought. I just hope and pray that I have the fortitude that you all have. I appreciate all the encouragement that I get here. I have to appologize for sounding like such a whimp.

I don't know what I'd do without all the support I'm getting from my family and friends so far.

I guess I'll hang in there and try to not be such a boob.

My wonderfull daughter Missyk has been such a help so far. Tell me, our family's won't wear out too fast . I sure hope not.

You know I feel better already - THANKS

SUE mother of missyk

Sues,

Just think, if your spirit is down, there

is only one way for it to go and it is up and up again.

Relish each day to the fullest, you have a

good family and they are there for you as you

are there for them.

Best wishes and Happy to read you.

Hugs

J.C.