New direction

KarHart

Well, maybe it is a very old one. Due to a recommendation from a family friend, I talked Ken into going to see a Chinese dr. in Orlando. Ken said he was not doing any accupuncture, when I asked him why, he said he thought it was "quackery" at least for something like cancer. However, to make a long story short, there he was yesterday afternoon, sitting with 5 needles in his head. We also got a herbal formula he will take 2x a day. He will go back 3x a week for awhile. My mom also went for her arthritis and had immediate results, so she and Ken will be going together.

I don't know if there will be anything to this or not. This dr. saved my mothers friend husbands leg. He went to him for a long time and she saw many of his patients with cancer get better. He has also been featured in the news in Orlando. Because of her absolute faith in his treatment we decided to give it a try.

Ken is also starting a clinical trial drug next week if he passes all the tests. It is a daily pill, taken twice a day. I think it is the same type of drug as Tarceva, but attacks a different molecule. He will have a scan after 28 days, so we will know then if the accupuncture, drug or both are working. At this point I am willing to try just about anything, we have run out of options.

Karen H

Please make sure that any herbal preparations your husband is taking will not interfere with the trial medication. I would hate to see him not get the full benefit of the med or to have a serious side effect because of the combination.

In fact, using it may or may not be allowed, because it can skew the results.

Regardless, best wishes to you both. Hope it works.

~Suz

I normally am not that enthused about such remedies, but I have a friend who had prostate cancer three times. The first time, he had radiation and it returned. The second time, he had surgery and it returned (obviously it had escaped). The third time, he started acupuncture with a noted Chinese doctor here, and has kept the cancer at bay, with only the acupuncture as treatment, for about 5 years now. Can't argue with success. Best to you. Don