So Many Losses - RANT

hollyanne

I HATE this f'ing disease. We have had so many losses recently, including my own mom who was the most important person in my life. I have such a range of emotions I don't know how I feel from one minute to the next...and I am certain so many of you feel the same way. Not only is my mom gone, but I have lost friends on this board -- and am seeing friends on this board go through the same grief I feel.

YET, I decided this morning that I am going to turn this grief into something more positive. Please join me in taking 2-3 minutes to say a prayer and send support to every member on this who is battling this terrible beast. "Whatever you ask for in prayer, BELIEVE that you have received it and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

(HUGS) and MORE (HUGS) IT IS TIME FOR LOTS OF GOOD NEWS, I CAN FEEL IT.

Oh Holly sweetie I know what you are going through. We all feel it so much.

A Poem to all of us who have lost our love ones:

Don't greive for me for now I am free

I am following the path that God laid for me.

I took his hand when I heard Him call;

I turned my back and left it all

I could not stay another day;

to laugh, to love, to work, or play.

Tasks left undone must stay that way;

I found that place at the close of the day.

If my parting has left a void,

Then fill it with remembered joy.

A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,

Ah yes, these things, I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow

I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.

My life's been full, I savored much,

Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch

Perhaps my time seemed all to brief,

Don't legthen it now with undue grief.

Lift up your heart and share with me,

God wanted me now, He set me free.

Amen,

Maryanne

"Heaven has received so many beautiful souls"

Here is my prayer:

Dear Lord,

As we come together here as a family,

I pray that you give us comfort on the recent losses that we are enduring.

I ask that you give us peace for we are so sad.

We know that with you we can find peace

We know with you we can find comfort.

We ask that you open our hearts and minds and give us strength to always remember the positive influence that our loved ones had on us.

We know that we have many angels watching over us and what a blessing knowing that we are never alone.

Please continue to give us your shield of protection.

We know that "through you all things are possible and that we can do all things through the strength you give us".

In Jesus heavenly and gracious name!!

Amen

A friend of mine--Donna P.--sent this to me.

I thought it was very special.

Donna is 33 and has cancer of unknown primary--we met having chemo together. However, she is currently in treatment. She has such a positive outlook and true concern for others.

This Too Shall Pass...

If I can endure for this minute

Whatever is happening to me,

No matter how heavy my heart is

Or how dark the moment may be-

If i can remain calm and quiet

With all the world crashing about me,

Secure in the knowledge that GOD loves me

When everyone else seems to doubt me-

If I can keep on believing

What I know in my heart to be true,

That darkness will fade with the morning

And that this will pass away, too-

Then nothing in life can defeat me

For as long as this knowledge remains

I can suffer whatever is happening

For I know that GOD will break all of the chains

That are binding me tight in the darkness

And trying to fill me with fear-

For there is no night without dawning

And I know that my morning is near.

I agree that the past few months here have been very difficult seeing the passing of so many dear friends. My heart bleeds and I ache from the repeated blows and losses.

I pray that this pain comes to an end. I am praying for inspiration and insight for our wonderful doctors and researches to receive divine intervention leading to a cure and an end to all this suffering and loss for all of us. And I pray that it comes soon, before I have to say goodbye to even one more cherished friend.

The pain we feel over the losses of those we have come to know and care for is the price we pay for the priviledge of knowing these wonderful people. I hate this disease, and I hate the loss we experience. But I treasure the time we have had together.

I can't list the names of those who have died...there are too many. But I consider myself very lucky to have been allowed to call them friend. And when I die I know they'll be waiting for me.

Hi Holly,

I agree with you, everyday I sit and cry while Im on this site and my husband cant understand why Im on if it makes me so sad. It seems like all of our wonderful friends, Moms SDads, husbands, wives, etc are suffering so. Certainly would be nice to see this disease cured. My daughter (13 yrs old) has a good friend and her Mom just passed last week from lung cancer. She also has a younger brother. I think getting through the funeral this past weekend was even harder then my Moms funeral where I was too busy to cry. Anyway Holly, I think that maybe by helping and supporting the new mmbers here and the people still in the mildst of the battle, we are honoring ou Moms.

Much Love,

Janet

Hi Holly--

All the recent loses have me down too. My daughter (9 years old) says she wants to be a scientist so she can discover a cure for cancer to save her grandma and help other families so they don't have to go through what we are going through. I am proud that she strives for this but sad that she is so young and has to "see" so much.

Holly, you are very generous to continue lending support when you have just lost your own mother and have a newborn! I can't imagine what you are going through.

You and your family are in my prayers too and there has to be better news SOON!

Trish

Holly,

I know how you feel. I was thinking the same thing to many deaths

Everyday is a struggle without our moms I know. I ask myself WHY!!!!!

One day i don't believe it, one day I am crying all day, ect.

My prayer is that God will help doctors to find a cure for this horrible disease. And help all of us to make our pain better everyday and protect all of the ones that left with this illness. I don't know what also to say the pain is just so overwhelming.

Take care of yourself !

Martha