Daddy's Girl

volfan212

Welcome!

Sorry, I probably don't count as one of the "younger" users, but I'm not that old. :lol:

There are a few other members here around your age who have parents going through this. Hopefully they will be contacting you soon and can give you the support you need.

My husband also has stage IV lung cancer, and has been at that stage since his diagnosis in March 2003. We still believe he can be cured completely and will beat this. Don't lose hope for your father either. There are people beating this disease in every stage. He can be one of them.

I'm glad you joined us, but sorry that you have this need in your family. It is such a difficult road to travel, but we are here to help you if you need us. There is lots of information here, lots of support and just wonderful people who will listen to you with complete understanding and no judgement no matter what you are feeling and what you want to vent. We are here for you.

Welcome!

Carleen

Hi there,

I'm thirty-something (LOL), and am also going through the same situation, with my mom....her attitude is wonderful and plans on living with cancer, not dying from it! Even with stage 4, her spirits are up and wants to beat it! So my advice would be, to just keep your dad's optimism, hope, humor, and spirits up. Along with the proper treatment, it is the best hope for a good outcome. Good luck and my prayers are with you!

Jodi

Hi honey and welcome here.

I am far from your age but want you to know that we are here for you. I know how scared you are to find out the diagnosis on your dad. We have all been through that. It will get better once your dad starts treatment.

Just know that LC is not a death sentence as there are so many treatments out there. You dad just has to find the right one.

There are many people on here with advance LC and they are doing well on their treatments.

Keep us posted on your dad. We are always here for you to give you support and answer questions you may have.

By the way, with age, comes knowledge :D

Maryanne :wink:

Hi, I don't know how young is young...I think Im young at 27. My dad recently passed and Im trying to find a new life without him.

Im sorry you had to find this site, but glad you did. I really feel so welcome and cared about here. I hope you stick around. I know you think age is important because your young to have your father ill, but the truth is it feels the same no matter what your age.

Hugs,Beth

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rachel,

I never saw this thread, and I certainly didn't know that you were Tina's daughter until today. She just sent me a PM and told me to check out your new Avatar. I don't know what the old one looked like, but this a beautiful picture, and I'm sure it's one you hold very close to your heart or you wouldn't have posted it!

I just love your mom and I pray for your family. I'm glad you joined the site, too, and hope to hear more from you in the future.

How old are you, Rachel? I only have one son who is 28. He had a hard time accepting that his dad had cancer, so I know it's hard on our kids. How are you coping? I'm sure others would benefit from your thoughts and tips.

All my love,

Peggy