New to you

applewe

Hi,

This is my first visit to this site. My husband was diagnosed with non small cell lung cancer in May. He did 36 treatments of radiation along with 6 chemo treatments this summer. I am a teacher and had to return to work recently. It has been very hard for him. Home health comes in but he really needs a care giver.

We are trying to find a way to care for him, but it is so expensive - we just don't have the money to pay for it.

All of this is so new and very scarey.

You are so right. This is one of the many struggles we have had with my mom and her illness. My mom is very young, but she lost mobility, which left her unable to care for herself. I am sorry you are going through this, but all you can do is your best and if you do that, you will always know you tried. Don't beat yourself up. Ask for help. Hang in there...

Hello and welcome,

I am so sorry about your husband. I can understand how hard this is on you needing to go back to work.

I have one suggestion and hope that someone else will be along soon with some more.

Have you spoken to your husbands doctor or his office or the hospital to see if they can help you find a home healthcare aid? Perhaps they can point you in the right direction....

My best to you, and please keep us all posted and let us know how we can help.

Chris

Hi and welcome to this place. I am sorry your husband and you have to deal with the lc. Hopefully he will soon get his strength back after having gone through aggressive treatment. He may have lost weight. If so, you could try leaving snacks nearby for him and arrange for easy to prepare meals, frozen entrees, etc. to smooth your evenings out. I know teachers put in more than a 8 hour day.

Don M

I can not add anything here Lot sof great info already. Sending Prayers For you and Husband. Keep us posted and we will help any way possible.