Mom is doing great!

tk1235

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know that we had our first follow up appointment with Mom's doctor today and he

was very optimistic. His goal is to have Mom go through the second phase of her chemo, continue her radiation. Then they will do a cat scan to see if the tumors can be removed surgically. I am amazed at

my mother's attitude through this whole thing. She has handled the chemo very well. No nausea and no ill effects. Her blood count is good and her platelet count is good. She is not eating a whole lot though, and I don't think she is drinking enough. I try to tell her how important that this is but I am not there to force her to. The doctor told mom that if anyone has a chance to beat this it would be her considering how she has handled the treatments. He told her she could be the "poster child" for beating lung cancer. But, he also said that the lymph nodes that are involved are "bad" because of their location. I am trying very hard to be optimistic at this time. I know the doctor is trying to keep everyone's spirits up. These next 2 or 3 weeks will be difficult, as we really will not know anything yet. Thank you so much for all of your advice and encouragement. You will never know how much it has helped. I hope that I can do the same one day.

Terrye