Restaging Scans complete-Some prelim news

ursol

Yesterday I started my restaging scans, first a CT Scan with Contrast then a brain MRI. Today I had a PET Scan and a lung PFT test.

Well the lung PFT test was excellent. My lung capacity, volume etc is still great. Tomorrow, I'm meeting with my surgeon to get the results of the scans and talk about next steps. Well my radiation oncologist was nice enough to call me personally tonight with the results of two of the tests. The Brain MRI is still all clear thank goodness. What a relief. He also had the CT Scan results and told me they looked great. Big reduction on the tumour on the right lung and reduction in the lymph nodes. no progression. I was in the car and didn't write down specifics but it sounded fairly positive. There is one thing I'm concerned about, the dr. said the report mentioned something in my liver which they think is nothing but the radiation oncologist and the medical oncologist have decided to be safe they should schedule me for an abdominal MRI. They are working on scheduling it for tomorrow or monday at the latest. Not sure yet if I should be nervous about that.

Anyhow, that's all for now.

Lilly

Wow that certainly sounds like real good news to me. You should do a little celebrating...

Keep us posted on the liver. Joels liver has always glowed in his pet scans but they are not concerned as it has never grown.

Take care and keep us posted.

Maryanne :wink:

Just got back from Yale-New Haven Hospital. After I met with my surgeon, they sent me for the Ab MRI and my radiation oncologist just called me to tell me that it is all clear. What they saw was a hygioma (I can't spell it but it's no big deal in any case).

The Pet Scan results: The lymph nodes in my mediastinum appear to be NED. nodule in right lung although much reduced still appears to have some activity. The doctors are very pleased and I am now an absolute go for Surgery scheduled for October 2nd.

I'm excited and scared at the same time. I feel like I have a shot at NED. Next step is to meet with Anastesiology on Tuesday and get organized at work so I can pass the torch to my management team before next Tuesday. Also get the kids ready for Halloween, and get my husband organized. Yuckkkkkk, so much to do.

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words as always, I couldn't get through any of this without you.

Lilly

Lilly,

I am so pleased to read your good report. If your surgeon performs a minimally invasive surgery, you should be back on your feet so to speak in a limited capacity within a couple of weeks. My husband actually did chores around the house this week (4 weeks post-op) which included steam cleaning the carpet. Make sure you let your husband take care of you and the kids. If you could have a relative stay with you and your family for a few days while you are in the hospital and after you come home, it will greatly ease your recovery and help your husband.

I am praying you get to hear the words NED. I pray you get to see your kids out of high school, get married, and have grandkids.

Best of luck for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Mendy