Life is Good!!

Debi

Well, I couldn't figure out where to put this fluff piece but since no one has posted in here in about a month, figured I would put it in Early Stage-

My computer monitor died what I think was its final death this morning..every now and then I have been having trouble with the on/off button- sometimes it doesn't come on and you have to play around with it. So I decided no more, and went and got a new 20" LCD after work. OMG- my computer desk is now vast without that ancient HUGE monitor sitting on it-the old monitor was so heavy that the desk is actually slightly bowed from it. (Yes, its a put together Sauder desk- Sauder like real furniture. :lol: )

Anyway, the reason life is good. Three years ago I would not have bought the LCD and would have bought another old style monitor - because my cancer might come back and I would need my money. Three years ago I wouldn't have had credit cards to BUY the monitor - today I had a choice on which one to use. I don't think that unless you have been in financial ruin, you can ever appreciate the fact that there are credit cards in your wallet. :shock: And I don't think unless you have had cancer, or lived with someone that did, that you could possibly appreciate a day where the only thing you really think about is going to the store after work to get a new monitor.

There are some days that you go through whining, and some days you just go through. But I love these days that come from nowhere when life seems so good and everything feels right. Just wanted to share..

Debi,

So glad you had a nice day. It has been a while since I have thought about new things myself. Afraid that I will need it later for meds etc. I like your idea. The next time I say to myself "you don't really need that", I am going to tell myself I want it and will enjoy it for years. That is, if it isn't too expensive :?:lol: .

Nina

Debi,

Congrats, dear. You have earned, doubly earned, every good feeling that comes to you. What I like about you is that you stop to appreciate even the small things; things that we usually take for granted.

Thanks again for the encouragement. I am so happy that there is life after dx for you! Keep it up, Debi. I am really proud of you!

love,

Cindi o'h

Glad you can enjoy the 'board' with a new monitor, Debi. Does it make all our posts look any better??? Does it correct our typos?

I agree with all you've said. Only those of us who have walked this walk can even begin to understand, though. Most just don't 'get' it at all.

Glad you're able to appreciste all these 'little' things. Glad you are doing it with us!

Kasey

Debi,

Love the fluff piece, and know exactly how you feel. I'm so excited that you feel free enough to get a new monitor, something so many other people do every day and don't give any thought to whether they will outlast their computer equipment or not, for crying out loud!

I'm glad you feel good about doing some of those things for yourself now. It's such a sign of recovery and moving on. You're gonna be fine. Keep it up.

Cindy

• 3 weeks later...