treatment for now.

marym

Hi All,

I have now seen the two neurosurgeons (one spine, one brain) and my oncologist. It appears that I have some edema and necrosis as the result of my radiosurgery. He thinks all is fine and progress is normal. I do still have a leg problem - a little weakness now and then. Neither the neuro nor the onc seems too concerned with it.

The spine MRI did show a few possible new metastasis,

but they're hoping the Zometa will keep them at bay.

The CT showed no change. The doctor wants to try Tarceva - which I have been reluctant to take due to side effects. I have three weeks off and then we'll try Tarceva. During the time off, he wants me to see a dermatologist about a rash I have on my ears and head.

Mary

Hi Mary,

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Zometa takes care of the spine mets. As for Tarceva, I've been taking it for 7 months now and I just feel better and better every day. Aside from the usual facial rash (which is now under control), I haven't suffered from any other side effects. Its a definite joy not having to go for chemo treatments.

I hope your treatments go well and I'll continue sending out prayers for you.

Trish

Mary, I've been taking Tarceva on and off since January 2006. It comes in different strengths and my oncol currently has me on the lowest (25 mg). True I had a lot of side effects at the highest dose but very few side effects with this dosage. Nothing I can't handle.

If the side effects are very bad, your dr might lower the dosage.

So far I have been stable for the past year.