Moderators

aurora06

You all do a wonderful job of staying on top of the posts here and your responses I'm sure mean alot to people. You manage to keep the board positive and inspirational which is not an easy task given the nature of the board. But, and maybe you have in the past, ever considered adding a VENT section. With all of the emotion, fear, anger, etc it may be helpful to some poster just to have an area to vent without fear of offending anyone else. Just a thought :wink:

The Caregivers Forum allows for Venting (can air your feelings)

FAMILY MEMBERS/CAREGIVERS

This is where you can air your feelings and get support from family members or caregivers who are going through or have been through what you are going through. Minor children of those diagnosed with LC are welcome to post here with the supervision and permission of their parents.

I'm not sure what you mean by "venting".

Thanks for your responses. The entire message that I just wrote was erased or in computer limbo and I don't want to rewrite it. But there really isn't a place to vent here and I don't feel like venting too often but every now and then when a topic comes up such as the controversy about early screening I become rather frustrated but don't want to vent on ya all. cynical, thanks for your offer to be a moderator in the proposed vent section, a daunting task, connie, I disagree. I posted in the News section, well half post and half vent :oops: and was PMd from someone who thought I was "preaching to the choir", connie-my definition of vent is the same as yours, Randy-not sure what you mean by "be careful". The last place I would vent would be in the caregiver section. If they are current caregivers they are in a confusing and frightening situation themselves. So really the only place to vent is in General. Keep up the good work.

It is shaping up to be one of those weeks. My Birthday is day after Thansgiving. Having a bit of a rough week right now. That is all I meant by be careful. Might do some later in the week Venting that is. Lonely and depressed. TRHA was a typo that is all

Aurora,

I don't know if a forum devoted to venting would be a good thing, I think it would focus too much on the negative, a whole forum? We all have time to whine and vent on whatever forum seems to fit and usually, there's someone on that forum that can say "Amen, I hear THAT".

If you are really having some dark issues and bad thoughts creeping out around the edges and you feel the need to type it all out, start a journel. You can protect a Word document with a password so no one in the family can "accidentally" read your dark thoughts. Just an idea if you need to spit out the acid...

Mind-numbing computer games help, too...been playing Alchemy on Yahoo! for the last few weeks...

I hope you're feeling better soon and get some of the poison out. That stuff just isn't good for you to feel bubbling up everytime you take a deep breath - like heartburn...

Good luck,

Becky

I guess I understood what Aurora was getting at with the vent only forum idea. It is wonderful to have the carepages site for venting/sharing etc. I think though, a lot of people feel so comfortable with the LCSC site that the idea of beginning over, so to speak is daunting.

Just my opinion and thanks Katie for all that you do here.

Chris

I come here to draw support and hope but I do want a TRUE picture. I think survivors should not be afraid to come here when they are not feeling well as I for one want to know what to expect for my mom. If we thought all the caregivers were living a wonderful life and our loved one is struggling a bit I think we would be a bit discouraged.

And that is another reason we are all here...to help and support others going through this as well. So we need to know who needs the extra prayer or extra cyber hug.

Karen

I agree with Karen that people should be able to express their feelings. This is where we all come for support! I don't think any newbies are going to be disheartened because there is much more positive posting than negative. They can see how members are lifted up when feeling down. After all if cancer were such a nicey nice disease, we wouldn't need this website would we? Just my opinion.

Sharon

I'm in agreement with Sharonjo. This isn't a nice disease -- to have or be a family member. Too often I get the feeling around here that a "down and negative" vent isn't desired on these boards and the rose colored glasses are in abundance. Some people (like me) don't have a good way with words, so feelings come tumbling out in posts in a random incohesive manner. The patients that are posting or the caretakers are in so many various stages of this disease even when they have the same stage! Some people are lucky to respond and have NED by their side, while others will always battle daily, and still others lose the fight.

:roll: Oh gosh, what AM I trying to say here?? (See what I mean?)

I guess it is about realism. I don't want to delude myself on this journey and agree with Karen's post. The realities of this disease are depressing, but I hestitate to ever post in that vein because I want to be accepted by the community. I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.

And no, I'm not manic-depressive, even though it might appear that way! :shock:

Welthy's .2 for what it is worth...

P.S. -- Bio's are in short supply lately with new folks and it's confusing.

Katie, thanks for weighing in. As the site admin you do have the final say and do a great job at keeping everything in balance. Balance can be so difficult to maintain as some mentioned everyone here is at a different phase in their lives. I have never come to this board with the intention of venting but sometimes it just happens. And I noticed with other posts as well a post turns into a vent then the person ends up apologizing when there isn't a need to. I just noticed that most other forums have a Lounge where, I guess, anything goes (within reason :wink: ) Again, it was just a suggestion. Moving on.............