So tired

knw55

It doesn't seem possible that my dad died nine days ago. I don't know what to do with myself. I'm tired all of the time, all I want to do is sleep. I get irritable out of nowhere and the moments of sheer panic is so hard to deal with. My four beautiful kids need me and I am trying to make everything as "normal" as possible. Concentrating is impossible. I'm a mess right now and I know it's a long road ahead of me but already I'm tired of the pain, anger, sadness etc...I truly feel like I am losing my mind. I just don't know what to do.

Karen

Karen, so sorry you are dealing with this. It's so hard. My dr recently prescribed paxil for me and I find it really helpful. It doesn't take away the feelings, just helps me feel calm about everything and deal with everything else that get piled onto the grief.

Hope you feel better soon.

Shauna

I know it's so exhausting. I remember after my mom died it was so hard to deal with the kids, but we have no choice we need to. You will see that with time your life will be in routine again, for the sake of our kids we need to be strong and go on. Even if this seems impossible at times. I usually do my crying at night in bed.

take care of yourself!

martha

I am sorry tom hear this but i do understand what you mean. healing takes time to happen. I like to write about times with deb and do here occasionally. I also go outside at noght and grab a beer or algass of wine and have a daily chat with her under the stars. It gets things out no matter what they are. You ahve to take car eof yourself to take care of the kids. Is there a clergy person you could talk to by chance. these are suggestions of thingds that helped me out. sending prayers and thoughts tonite.