I'm new to the Boards

ilovedmom

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the board and just happened upon this website. I lost my mom in 1992 to a massive cerebral hemorrhage caused by lung cancer that spread to her brain. I was only 21 when I lost my mom and it never gets easier. I am still trying to learn more about the disease that took my mom within a month of being diagnosed.

Welcome here. I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. But please know that there has been so many new treatments and advancement since 1992. I could imagine the confusion and sorrow you went through as your mom was diagnoised so late and was taken so fast.

I am sorry you seem to be going through such a hard time with this, after all this time. You moms spirit is alive and well and I know your mom would not want you to keep grieving so much. She would only want you to be happy and go on and have a fruitful, happy and fulfilled life.

We are always here for you.

Maryanne

Welcome Newbie,

There is a lot of information as well as experience from the patients as well as from the caregivers, family members point of view here.

Settle in and ask questions. There has been some advances in lung cancer drugs and treatments since 1992. However overall research for lung cancer is dragging and is under funded.

Val

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I am so happy I found such caring and wonderful people. Losing mom was very hard. I have good days and bad. More good days though. I think of her often and I try to keep her memory alive with the kids. The Holidays are hard since Christmas was her very favorite time of the year; and she left in January just after the New Year.

I am in the process of trying to get copies of her medical records. Since I was so young and didn't understand much of what was happening, I just want to make sure I have all the facts straight. I really want to make sure there isn't something in the records I might need to know for my own, my daughter or my sisters health.