Someone is there when needed

I am so sorry your father was diagnosed with lung cancer. It is such a difficult thing to ever have to go through. My thoughts are with you. Please feel free to ask questions or express your feelings anytime you need to. We are all here for you.

What kind of lung cancer does your father have?

Flowergirlie

We have about 5 or 6 members I am aware of from the UK also. You are not alone in that aspect. If you need anything we will do our best to help with anyhting we can help with.

If you click on the profile button you can make notes of treatments. This gives everyone knowledge without having to rewrite every time you post something. Can include good notes or anything you would like.

Welcome to our family, and sorry you have to join us. Sending Prayers.

Sonia~

Hello from across the pond!

I am very sorry about your dad. I am glad that you found us.

This is a place of love, laughter, and hope! Also, the best, most current info on treatment, research, clinical trials, fundraisers, etc.

Kelly

Thankyou for all your kind words of support and comfort,its so nice to know that when I feel I need any advice or a place to let my feelings come out then I have a very special place to come to. My Dad has small cell lung cancer in both lungs. My Mum is is his main carer,and I do what ever she needs me to do,to take some of the load off her shoulders.One thing I like to do is take her out for a break, where we sit and have a coffee,and she can talk about her feelings,and how well she is doing and its not anyones fault that this has happened. Dad is a very proud man and it can be hard for us to always help him with daily tasks as he worries about Mum,. And I suppose he thinks he should be looking after us. I say to him that they both need help at this moment in time, you never know when you might need help yourself.

Thankyou again for all your thoughts.

Life is about the journey never about the outcome.

Sonia

Welcome Sonia,

Sorry about your dad's diagnosis but am really glad you have found us. You can always come here to share, learn or just vent! We all do.

Your parents are so lucky to have you and I so identify with what you said about your dad feeling *he should be taking care of all of you* My dad felt the same way when he was dealing with colon cancer.

It's a good thing that you are helping your mom as well. This %&*% disease affects the entire family.

The love you have for your parents shines through your words.

Prayers, for you all

Libby

Hi Sonia - I am also from Uk and stumbled across this site a while ago. I have learned more here than from the Docs looking after my Dad (has NSCLC Squamous call stage 3b/4) - everyone here is so caring and helpful and they are all truly amazing people. :)

God Bless your family

Dawn