Sorry I've been gone so long

Carleen

Hi Everyone,

I know I've been off the computer for some time, so I thought I should give an update so as to alleviate any concerns for Keith and myself.

So far Keith is doing very well. After his last scans in Aug, we started another three rounds of Carboplatin and VP-16. He tolerates it fairly well, it makes him a bit nauseous and he does get pretty exhausted, but not any major problems. About 10-12 days following treatment though his blood counts must drop because each time around that period he gets very tired and has chills and fevers and feels like he's got the flu. That lasts a week, and then he feels better again, just in time to start the whole cycle over again.

Me, well, I'm ok too I guess. I am so stressed out lately I just can't even think anymore, but physically I am fine.

I am so sorry I haven't been here to offer any support for the past 5-6 weeks. It's just been a crazy time for Keith and I, nonstop action.

It started with my company downsizing, and we lost 15% of our workforce and we also closed two production plants. Which meant for me, more working coming to our facility with less employees to do it. I had to start working 10-14 hour days and rarely got a break even for lunch. I hate being away from Keith even 8 hours a day, now all this extra time plus a 2 hour commute each day. Even doing that I am so far behind on work it's crazy. Unfortunately I've also had to take time off of work which puts me even further behind.

My husband and I sold our house (after only 4 days on the market, I think we undersold), so we had to pack everything and move all within 3 weeks. The closings were very stressful and we weren't sure the buyers financing was going to go through until a half hour before our closing appointment.

There has been good things too, but still required a lot of time. Keith's birthday was September 14th, he turned 32. It took a lot of planning and work but it was worth it to make it a special day for him. As a present for him, I got his project car fixed. He's owned a 1969 Dodge Coronet Superbee since he was 17, but in the 9 years we've been together, it's never run. So, I thought he'd enjoy getting to drive his dream car again. Add to that, September 25th was our 4 year wedding anniversary. It's been the best 4 years (9 years) of my life, I've been blessed to be his wife and am grateful every day for that. I love him so much, more than everything and anything. I find no warmth in the sun, I get all my radiance and heat from his smile. He is my center and my soul, without him I am nothing and I'd wither and perish.

So, that's what's been going on with us, it's been hectic and busy, but overall, good. I just wish I could work less, or wasn't so stressed at work that I could take my lunches and breaks again and get to log on more. Work is really the only place I have a computer to log on here. I miss all my friends here, and I know I could benefit from some support, and I feel the need to help others. I need to feel like I have positive control over one thing in my life.

Please forgive my absense.

God Bless you All, and you are in my daily prayers always

Carleen

Carleen,

Im so glad you posted!!! I was also glad to see there has been some shrinkage (I noticed in your signature). Thats great about Keith's birthday gift. What a great couple you are! Sorry about those terrible hours!! It sure was nice of you to make time for us!

I hope Keith continues to tolerate the chemo and that the next scan shows MAJOR SHRINKAGE!!!

Carleen,

So good to hear from you!!! I have been thinking alot about you and Keith lately and praying that everything was good. I am glad to hear for the most part everything is going well. Happy Birthday to Keith and Happy Anniversary to you both! Sounds like you had a nice time celebrating and what a beautiful thing to do...fix up his dream car. I bet he loved that. I do hope you get a little relief from work soon. It is always good to hear from you. Please know you both continue to be in my prayers. All the best, Andrea

CARLEEN! So good to hear from you again! I have missed you, and I know many of us have. Glad to have the update on Keith -- it sounds like good news. A belated Happy Birthday to Keith! And a belated Happy Anniversary to you both! We are here whenever you need us, so don't be shy (ha!). I am so sorry about your job -- is there any possiblity of finding another one that is not so stressful? I guess these days are jobs are pretty stressful. God's blessings! Don

Carleen, I had you on my mind for the last couple of days and was starting to get worried. Now that I see all you have been doing, it is surely time for a vacation. Much needed rest and relaxation.

Have you started the process of building the new home. Are you happy with the price you got for your old home. If so, then the price you got was right. I once sold my home to the first person who came through and I got the highest price on my street for the home so when that one person comes along and buys it, its not the price, its the home....

So sorry you are having to work so hard. Sure hope you are going to move closer to your work than those two hours commuting. That does get very old. I had always been lucky to work within 10 minutes of my home before I was retired.

I bet Keith was just so thrilled to see his new old car. What a great present. Happy Birthday Keith and Happy Anniversary Carleen and Keith.

CARLEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

So happy to hear from you -- you have been on my mind a lot and I am so glad to see your post! Sounds like the two of you have been CRAZY BUSY! Moving while in the middle of treatment must be difficult for Keith, energy-wise. I moved in w/ my fiance right after finishing chemo, and I relied on him to do most of the work! We are now gearing up to move (again!) into a new house that we bought together in the next few months. It is exhausting but exciting! Make sure you both take a little R&R time together to recharge your batteries! It's the perfect time of year for a weekend getaway to a B&B!! :wink:

Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary to you both!!! Sounds like your birthday gift to him was so wonderfully thoughtful, he is very lucky to have you, you know!

Hope things continue looking up for you both! As always, you are in my prayers,

Heather

Carleen, I was so glad to see your post. I am glad that Keith is doing well-and sounds as if you made his birthday a pretty special and memorable one! Also, Happy Anniversary to you both.

Now, about your asking for our forgiveness for your absence, There is NOTHING for you to be forgiven for!!! We just like to know that things are ok now and again, and if you need-we are here for you. But it is completely understandable that there are times that life gets hectic and the days seem to go by as quick as the time it takes for cotton candy to melt in your mouth. Don't worry about it.

Hope to see you around a bit more, but if you don't get to it-don't let it stress you out. We're here, waiting. Take care, Deb

Carleen-

It was wonderful to get an update from you. I'm going to focus on all the good, positive things that have happened to you and Keith and say some prayers for the other concerns. Know that I thing of you guys often. Happy Birthday to Keith, Happy Anniversary to you both, and MANY more of both are wished for. Hope the craziness improves soon.

Carleen

Long time no news from you, thank you for updating us. It is really stressful to have a busy daytime job. Hang in there.

You are an excellent wife that you gave the best gift to your husband, you makes his dream come true, how wonderful you are. You both are in my prayers always. :)