VERY SICK, PLEASE HELP

enyaw061032

I have been so nauseated that I can't eat, can't swallow, and feel all clammy. I got some relief from the magic mouthwash last week, but now it makes me vomit if I take it. My throat is so sore I cannot swallow anything within pain. And the nausea won't let up.

I don't mean to complain all the time but I just need some advice if anyone has anything they can suggest to help.

I have been in bed for three days, barely able to drink enough water, or eat anything except a very small amount of dry toast.

I got a shot Friday morning for white blood cells being low. Could that cause the nausea to be so bad?

I am thinking about discontinuing the radiation, which is causing my throat to be so sore and painful.

Any advice?

Thanks again for all that you do

Barb

CALL YOUR DOCTOR! Three days barely being able to drink water? YOU NEED TO GET SOME HYDRATION. This is VERY important, call the doctor.

If it gets to a point that you truly cannot swallow, you need to get some fluid through a needle. Do NOT allow yourself to starve to death, it HAPPENS.

What was the message here? Oh, yeah - CALL YOUR DOCTOR!

I TOTALLY AGREE with Snowflake with all that she said, AND on CALL YOUR DOCTOR statement. Your paying big money for good care and I wouldn't want to second guess anything. You can't play these things out very long before you have to call your doctor. 3 days is to long! Please don't wait, if your unsure and if it feels that bad PLEASE CALL YOUR DOCTOR! It's no fun to dehydrate. I know it happened to me. This could be very serious.

God Bless and Good Luck, keep us posted.

An IV hydration may be needed. YOu should be ok with Radiation. THe nauseau could be from the Blood cell booster. If White cells those are VERY IMPORTANT!! they fight infection and an airborne virus could turn into something lethal. CALL YOUR DOCTOR THIS MORNING!!! Sending prayers that you get some relief and lots of TLC for this.

Barb, Go to the ER. I went through this. I would wait 2-3 day before I went. No good. Once I waited 4 days and ended up in the hospital for 9 more. Just vomiting. Doctor told me to come to the ER after 24 hours. I would usually stop vomiting after getting hydrated, until the next treatment, which was once a week. I was at the ER every weekend getting hydrated. Don't try to wait it out. It will get the best of you. Learn from my mistakes. Praying for you. Hugs, Liz

Thanks, everybody. I went to the doctor this morning and he took me off radiation for three days to give me a chance to recover some. I see the chemo doctor tomorrow, for a red blood shot, but no chemo until the l7th. Hope that helps me. Docs feel I am too weak to go on without these breaks.

Doctor gave me new medicine that numbs my throat, but I gagged on it really bad but finally got some down, and ate a small amount and drank some water. Docs said I was near dehydration, but not there right now.

Barb

I'm glad I took your advice. I went to my onc today (went to radiologist yesterday). Onc said I was dehydrated, and took 5 hours of iv fluids. Then took blood test, and said I have to have a blood transfusion right away, dangerously low, so go in morning for blood transfusion, which they said would take 6-8 hours.

Just want to again thank all of you for your help. The onc checked me out thoroughly.

I am off treatment for this week with radiation and until 2 wks with chemo. I need the time.

Barb