VISITING MY SI

Howdy Y'all

My thoughts and prayers go out to each and every one of you. Your Thoughts and prayers and suggestions for everyone that asks is priceless. I am fortunate to have found this site.

I have something on my mind and it is bothering me tremendously. Originally, I was going to leave today to go visit my sis. Now, I am going tomorrow (Sat). I spoke with my nephew. My sis's second. He is in the Navy and lives in Norvolk, VA with his wife and 3 kids. He told me that he will be going out to sea the first week of May and that he has time off from now until then. I made him an offer he couldn't refuse and he and the whole family are going to be at my sisters house this Sunday.

I just spoke with my brother in law and wonder if this will be a mistake. She just finished her 2nd round of chemo, was in the hospital all week and he is concerned because her immune system is so weak. Now I am worried. He said he was not too happy about it but I thought it would be a good idea since he is going out to sea for a few months and he and the family hasn't been there for awhile to visit. He didn't get upset with me tho. He told me he got face masks incase someone has a cold or something. I told him it's my fault and that he can blame everything on me. I should have asked him first before I sent everybody a ticket. My emotions always get the best of me. If my sister should get sick and land in the hospital I shall never forgive myself. :(:cry:

I am sitting here crying about it feeling very quilty because that is something I didn't think about. Dang! Everybody is going to be there and I don't want to land her in the hospital again. I think I made a mistake. All the tickets are paid for thanks to Daddy Worbucks over here. I guess what I'm asking for is some feedback. I sorta at a loss for words here. Because now I'm feeling quilty and sorta scared.

I think your heart was in the right place and that is all that counts.... if everyone is extra careful and I agree with ginny -lots of hand washing and lots of purell in the house - everything will be fine. If anyone should have a cold they can stay at a safe distance from your sister. I think the visit from her son and grandchildren will be the best medicine she could possilby have. Enjoy your visit -you are a wonderful, thoughtful person. Love, Sharon

I am in total agreement with everyone... enjoy yourself and enjoy your visit... If she were in a detrimental state with her counts, I am sure the onc. would warn her or give her medicine to help with getting those counts up.

Let us know how it turns out!!

Jamie

I think it will be a great uplift for your sister to see her family. I lived with my sons through chemo and only caught one cold. That was through the winter with my son going to preschool where they catch everything imaginable. We were very careful with handwashing and purell, but never wore face masks. I think it should be fine unless your sister's counts are severely compromised or something.

My husband was isolated from almost everyone, and STILL got an infection, so we decided it was much better to have and enjoy all of the kids and grandbabies coming over every day, then to try and live in a sterile bubble!

We use common sense about washing our hands, and he doesn't get "face-to-face" with the babies, but other then that, he enjoys the company!

Don't cry...... :cry: You did a GOOD thing! Take lot's of pictures, and do lot's of talking! It'll be fun!

Take care,

Nova

I absolutely think you did the right thing. You can NEVER go back in time and undo what you could have done and with the future being so uncertain for us all, we should delight in the opportunities to live life to the fullest, everyday.

I hope it all is going well. Without the visits from ALL of my hubby's closest friends and family, a lot of questions would have gone unanswered so unfortunately. I have no regrets with making it happen.

Peace...Flowergirlie

I think you have done a wonderful thing. I know when my mom was sick she really missed alot and I saw how she cheered up when someone came to visit. Life is too short and you have to live it to the fullest and since she cant go visit the visits should come to her. Just watch the germs and wear masks and all should be fine. And Nick is right there is no germier place that a hospital. Enjoy you visit and no more crying. God knows there is enough of that with this disease so dont feel bad over doing something good.