bronchitis

beatlemike

Hi all,for about 2 years before my dx I was being treated for recurring bronchitis.After surgery and chemo I have not had it at all.The last couple of days I have had a cough with green flim in it.I quess you all know what the first thing is that comes to my mind. Im hoping its just allergies and the wind has been blowing so bad here in Nebraska.Has anyone here ever had bouts of bronchitis since their treatment that turned out to be just bronchitis? I have a ct scan in a few weeks so I will know for sure then but Im hoping its just allergies or something and not recurrence.Mike

You can most certainly have bronchitis and have it be nothing but bronchitis. We're susceptible to those things just like everyone else, and I think for a long time after surgery and chemo, we have lowered immune systems and our ability to fend those things off is less than average.

It's easy to be scared when you've been through all this, but it's probably just an infection. I think if it's green, you should see a doctor to get some antibiotics.

Cindy

Yep been there done that and now my PCP has given me a script for Levaquin because it always seems to hit me on a weekend and by Monday I am in bad shape. Just go to your doctor and get some meds because it can make you miserable and could turn into pneumonia or the like if not treated.

Hi Mike,

Alot of people, including myself were being treated for bronchitis and it was actually lung cancer. That's what happened to Peter Jennings.

Mare

Yes, yes and Yes. I have had bronchitis over and over again since my treatments. I am told that I probably always will have it and to go to the doctor if I feel badly or cough up color. Then I usually take antibiotics and feel better in a few days. I still have regular chest x-rays but have been clear of cancer since my surgery 4 1/2 years ago.

Nina

Echoing every one else's advise, go to the doctor and get it taken care of. Len hasn't had bronchitis but he HAS had pneumonia which occurred after radiation and chemo. Antibiotics did the trick. He was told to see the onc FAST when he felt like that...and did!

Ellen