My dad is funny....

Andrea

I wasn't sure whether to post this little cute story, but I decided to b/c it can show that life can go on I guess :) I myself obsess and worry about cancer daily, but my dad.....

He went to the gastro dr last week b/c his reflux is acting up and he needed an endoscopy. Doc says "anything new in your health since I last saw you". My dad says no!!!! My mom was like "uh Harry, you have lung cancer and sleep apnea now". The doc kind of chuckled :)

Andrea, that is like deja vu for me - I have to do that at most of my husband's appointments as well. When he went to the Onc prior to being diagnosed with a brain tumor in April, the doctor asked if he was having any symptoms. He kind of said, no, nothing big. I had to intercede and point out that we were actually there because he had lost part of his vision, was having headaches, and couldn't stay awake. What is WITH these guys? Geez.

Our GUYS here-they crack me up!!! (and especially the ones named Harry!).

My Harry does the same thing! As he's passing out on the floor of the hospital, and the nurse is asking if he's alright- (duh. :? .),- he says "Yeah, I'm fine, just stood up too quickly"..... :shock:

Then he tells the doctor he's been feeling "pretty good", as he sits there with a black eye, a chunk taken out of his head, and half of his elbow scraped off......

Bless 'em for being positive though! I'd probably be such a wimpy baby about everything!!!

Mom will do the same thing! She was retching and trying to throw up once on the way to the doc and we had to go back for the Zofran that we both thought she didn't need. By the time we got in there to see him she told him her nausea wasn't that bad! I just pointed to the barf bag in her hand.

I have to do the same for my dad, only his problem is he just likes to ignore things. We were in the emergency room for chest pain. He tells the doctor well he takes medicine for high blood pressure. I chime in with and for diabetes, atrial fibrillation, a bleeding ulcer, congestive heart failure, and a blood clot in his leg. When the doctor leaves my dad looks at me and say geeze you make it sound like I'm sick. Sometimes I could just scream.