Grieving for her loss

deewilkey

It has been 6 1/2 months since my mom passed so quickly from NSLC and the pain and heartbreak remain. Of course my pain for myself and my family is overwhelming, but I am finding that I am grieving my mom's own loss. I know she may be in a better place, wherever that is, but I can't help but think of all the things she is missing everyday and all she will miss in her children's life and her grandchildren's life. She lived for the kids and it just seems so unlikely that she should be gone with so much more living to do. If I believed that she could watch and not miss a thing it would be almost bearable, but who knows if she can see. Life just seems so unfair and the death of a loved one, especially someone you are so bonded too seems like torture. I just want to pick up the phone and hear her voice like I did everyday. This is just so painful and the time passing makes me miss her even more.

Thanks for listening,

Stacey

Stacey, SHe is seeing things from a different angle. Above you. Just look up and she is always smiling down on you with the warmest biggest smile you can picture. OR some day she may be bloweing you a big kiss with a strong breeze blowing it to you. Also if it helps I still occasionally go outside at nite and Talk to My late Wife, Deb under the stars at nite. Hope this helps. I know all to well how you feela dn there are days when i still feel that way after 18 months without Debs. Prayers and Hugs RandyW

I'm sure we all have those feelings at times. Your post made me think of a country song. Maybe these words will help.

Holes in the floor of Heaven

I was one day shy of eight years old when grandma passed away

I was a broken hearted little boy blowin' out that birthday cake

How I cried when the sky let go with the cold and lonesome rain

Momma smiled and said, don't be sad child grandma's watchin' you today

'Cause there's holes in the floor of heaven and the tears are pouring down

That's how you know she's watchin' wishin' she could be here now

And sometimes if you're lonely just remember she can see

There's holes in the floor of heaven and she's watchin' over you and me

Seasons come and seasons go nothin' stays the same

I grew up, fell in love met a girl who took my name

Year by year we made a life in this sleepy little town

I thought we'd grow old together Lord I sure do miss her now

But there's holes in the floor of heaven and the tears are pouring down

That's how I know she's watchin' wishin' she could be here now

And sometimes when I'm lonely I remember she can see

There's holes in the floor of heaven and she's watchin' over you and me

Well my little girl is twenty-three I walk her down the aisle

It's a shame her mom can't be here now to see her lovely smile

They throw the rice, I catch her eye as the rain starts comin' down

She takes my hand says, daddy don't be sad 'cause I know momma's watchin' now

And there's holes in the floor of heaven and the tears are pouring down

That's how you know she's watchin' wishin' she could be here now

And sometimes when I'm lonely I remember she can see

Yes there's holes in the floor of heaven and she's watchin' over you and me

I totally get this.

My mother promised me she'd know my kids I'd have some day and that it would be a fine way to know them for her.

But I still can't shake the anger over that fact that she got cheated out of a happy retirment and spending time with her grandkids.

How funny.

I am sad she doesn't get retirement and visits with grandkids and instead she gets the happiness of heaven and to be with her grandkids...heck, she probably already knows them...whenever she wants.

Maybe I shouldn't be sad for her. But I still am. Sad for us.

I used to be sad about things but now have gained an interesting perspective and am usually happy when I think of Deb and Daisy too and where they are togeteher on a big soft couch. PRayers and thoughts of course and hoping for a sunnier Day today!!

Stacey-

I know, I know exactly where you are coming from. We care, keep posting, it does help to relate to others that understand what you are going through. It's not fair, it's so sad, and it breaks my heart...hang in there and my prayers go out to you tonight...