How is your tushy?

Here in Southern California, we just lost yesterday one of our favorite news anchor men to colon cancer which spread.

A newscaster just commented that he was not sure what Hal was thinking not getting a screening as 90% of colon cancers can be treated if detected early.

So this is just a general reminder for everyone to remember to go for doctor exams and screenings :) Tushys aren't connected to lungs, they need to be checeked too.

When we are wrapped up in caring for our loved ones, it is so easy to forget about ourselves and neglect body parts. It is also easy for our loved one to just focus on the lung and forget the booby and tush.

And if you made it this far, my mom was due for her mamogram the week she got diagnosed. She had it done and silly me thought it was GREAT her boobs were clear b/c the lung is close to the boob, so I naturally thought that is where it would go first :oops: Boy oh boy did the dr laugh at that one!

funny you should post that . . .

I saw an interview Joel Siegel had done, and they showed it after his death. he remarked that he didn't have a colonoscopy until age 53, and the doctors told him if he had it at 50, they would have caught it.

I told his sweet image that I was scheduling, and I am going in two days on FRIDAY! 51 is close to 50--right??? And I may shed a few pounds right???

And I will survive no solid food for 24 hours? :shock::shock::shock:

I have my ativans handy in case I go into m & m withdraw :wink:

Thanks Andrea for reminding us all!

And thanks for those terrific pictures!

gail

I'm only 43 but I had a colonoscopy too! I took Visicol pills for my cleanse so it was MUCH easier than anticipated. The pills are huge and there are 20 total, but it was so worth not having to drink gallons of "that stuff". :lol:

Thank you Andrea, it is so important to do all these tests that can help us. I have had 2 colonoscopies because they found a single polyp on the first one and so I had to go back in 3 years for the next one. Good to go for 5 years now.

The day before is crappie in more ways than one, but the test itself is a no brainer.

How is my tushy?? Overdue, but then so are a lot of things I should be doing. Thanks for the nudge.

I did have one in my 30's after some colon surgery. Woke up during the procedure and politely, but firmly, told the doctor it was time to stop...NOW. :shock: I reached behind me and tried to remove the scope. The nurse had to hold my hands and they pumped more happy juice into me to finish.

How are those babies?? I loved having twins. Twice the fun!

Welthy

Indeed.

I actually just learned this week that my paternal Grandfather had Colon Cancer. I always thought it was Lung.

My father actually refuses to go for colonoscopies, which freeks me out a bit, but I am going to start soon. Maybe I can get him to go with me. Not exactly a dual spa day but...HA...butt...HAHA.

I am so glad that people are starting to be more aware of the need to have colonoscopies for screening. My father was diagnosed with colon cancer in April 2004 underwent major surgery in May ending up with an ileostomy just to find that the cancer has spread to his lungs in July. He passed away in August 04 never having recovered enough to receive even one chemo treatment. His surgeon highly recommended that any children he had be tested routinely starting at the age of 40. So far 3 have been tested with 2 having polyps but thank goodness they were not cancer.

Don't put off your colonoscopies...they may not be fun but they could save your life!

Thanks Andrea for the reminder...

I was just 60 :shock: and have not had one yet, but I have been thinking about it but just have not made the appointment yet. I definetly will though.

Joel's mom who had colon cancer and Joel had polyps removed about 5 years and hasn't been back. So this is on his list too. Its a shame we can't do this together as one has to drive the other home. :roll:

Thanks again Andrea...

Maryanne :wink: