Can we talk?

Ry

I've only made it on once, and it was such a wonderful thing to get to talk to people in live time with conversational responses.

I am trying to get access to a computer outside of work, but I am struggling with spending additional time away from my husband. (I don't have a home computer).

I may be able to swing it once every other week or so.

I am no longer sure how to log onto the chat. There used to be a link on the Message board main page, but I don't see that there anymore.

Carleen

Well we talk about everything. We talk about whatever anyone brings up. It goes all over the place. It can actually get pretty bizarre if Snowflake, Shordy, and/or okdebi show up. We also talk about the messages on the board and how everyone is doing.

Norme, we have had requests for you to come to chat!

To access, see the "Techinical, How to Use This Forum" forum for Rick's instructions. You should have a big red word that says "CHAT" on your home page when you log in. All you do is click on the chat.

Hey Very nicely done Ry!! :D:D:D:D

Although never get tired of chatten with ya, after all , how else would I learn about " Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" :roll::roll: hope I got that right :shock:

Seriously, Ry's right, we could use more people. We are really just getting to know one another. Conversations, can go anywhere, and you should feel no pressure, say what ever you want, after all we're all on this bumpy road together. If your typing skills s__ck like mine, thats OK, remember everything pretty much pales in comparison to cancer.

come out and join us, Becky, Debi, miss ya, Heather, stop on by, the rest please try to figure it out.

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC-stageIIB- left pneumonectomy-5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

I just tried to log in on the Home Page and keep being told I am entering the wrong info even though I am using the same info I wrote down when I joinedand confirmed the info with my wife who logs in daily at her work. I am Automatically logged in when I am here at the posting page but am not automatically logged in on the home page.?.?.?.?.?

HELP!!!!

David C

I've been absent for a while and slept through the chats (no, I wasn't logged in to boring talk, just needed to fight a nasty bug).

The first time I attempted to log in to chat, I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't take the name and password I use on the board....still dunno why it doesn't, but it doesn't - until you register. When you register, the site will ask for a first and last name and address, along with email address. After entering all the information, you will need to wait for 'the site' to send an email letting you know that you are registered...

THEN, when you use your user name (for me, it's "Snowflake"), it will log you in and the top of the screen will read (for me) "Hello, Becky" or maybe it's "Welcome, Becky"...ANYHOW...

Next step is clicking on "Chat"....and just jumping in with both feet, no need to toe-test! 8)

I think I have it now but until next Wed I won't know.

1. I leave myself alway logged in. Does that make a difference?

2. From what you are saying, you go up to the top and hit register and it brings up the screen that we initially registored on when we first came to the board. Is that correct?

3. Do we need to put in www.lchelp.com/main/ and then log in again from Ry's post after we register in?

4. Or, just go by what you said and if so what about 1 and 2 above?

5. See you next Wed, - - - - - - - maybe....haha

6. I will probably forget about the chat on Wednesday.....someone pm me please on Wed. Thanks.....

Problem is: when i register (or re-gister) on the www.lchelp.com/main/ page..it does ask for my name and email address but it also asks for my user name and password. It does not allow me to go any furtner until I've done that. So I entered my current username (Blue Bayou) and password and then it comes back to me and says someone else is using Blue Bayou (duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and i must chose another username. Does that mean that I have to drop my current name and start up with another to have this chat thing work?

Geez you guys have me so confused I don't know what to tell you. If you can see the word CHAT in red on the main page, you're in. Hopefully Rick wil step in here for the technical questions.

Norme, that's 9:00 your time! Do a practice run and see if you get in.

Judy B, are we clear on the central time now?

I copied these off of the technical page. Hope this helps everyone.

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:37 pm Post subject: AOL with Chat and various other things

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AOL is not a standard browser product, therefore certain items do not work when using AOLs standard browser.

1 way to work around AOL's short comings is to use the AOL to connect to the web, but use Internet Explorer to access the web.

Basically, click on your AOL icon to make your dialup connection, then click on the Internet Explorer Icon to actually surf the web.

This will eliminate problems with our chatroom and you will find that you can surf the web faster and all those little problems that you experience day to day while surfing the web will disappear.

AOL is a developers worst nightmare as it is not standard like Internet explorer or mozilla.

Thanks

Rickey

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:43 pm Post subject: Chat Chat Chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steps to access the Chat Room.

1) If you are using AOL, you may have to....

Click on your AOL icon to make your dialup connection, then click on the Internet Explorer Icon to actually surf the web.

2) Go to http://Lungcancersurvivors.org and login (Register if you have not).

3) When you are logged in you will see a welcome note at the top of the screen with your name. (if this does not appear, you are not logged in)

4) Under where you log in, there is a member area and you will see a big red CHAT link that you must click on to access the chat.

5) Once you click on it, you will be automatically logged in and ready to go.

6) If you are on AOL ** Go to step 1 **

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:29 am Post subject:

The chat is off the main page and you have to register on both sites. The message board login is not the same.

Main site http://lungcancersurvivors.org (register there)

I will try again tonight. I tried just a few minutes ago but it never said anything about chat. I guess unless it is time for chat it doesn't. I never registered the other times. This time I did as snowflake said and it sent me back an e-mail. will do the same tonight, - - unless Mr. Sleepy finds me first.