I don't like CT scan week

cjolaw

My mother (stage IV NSCLC), whose lung cancer journey began nearly a year ago, will be having another CT scan this week to see how the Alimta is working. Previously she was on Taxotere/Cisplatin/Avastin and then Avastin alone. She unfortunately showed progression after just a few months of Avastin as a single agent. I know most of you can relate to the ups and downs of lung cancer but I feel my chest tightening and my emotions seem to be much more raw the week of her CT scans... waiting, watching, wondering...praying. I don't post much, but I read alot and it helps... it helps to know that my frustrations and joys are similar to others.

I want her to get good news from this CT scan... I want to see a genuine smile, a feeling of freedom (at least for a moment), and a sense of peace.

Thank you for letting me be a silent part of this community.

Carrie

Hi Carrie:

Scan time is always stressfull and everyone here can relate. Unfortunately it becomes part of the new normal in dealing with this disease. Sending positive vibes and prayers your way for excellent scan results.

wendyr

PS have you considered xanax or ativan for anxiety????