Not the same

luvmydad

Well Christmas has come and passed once again. This is usually my favorite time of the year, not this year. I tried really hard to stay positive and just be glad that dad is still feeling great, but....My husband and son left me alone for about 1/2 an hour on Christmas eve and I completely lost it. I was cooking dinner for mom and dad and it hit me like a ton of bricks...Will this be the last time I get to make all dads favorites for him for Christmas dinner??? I think there were more tears in the spinach dip than there was spinach. You could tell that dad was down knowing that he had to start treatment today. He wasn't himself either, no one was. It was hard, everyone trying to pretend like everything was normal.

As I type this dad is getting his first chemo treatment and then he is off to his first radiation. My heart aches for him. No one deserves this!!!!

Teresa

Teresa,

I am glad Christmas is over, too. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers as are your parents. It is so good that you can cry, it helps when you get all the emotion out, don't try to stop it. You are such a good daughter, your dad is lucky to have you to love him and care for him, I'll bet this was the best Christmas dinner ever! It is so true that none of us know how much time we have, it is hard not to look ahead, but be present in this day, and each coming day.

Barb

Holidays are hard. My family and I had a nice holiday at my oldest son's house. I am usually very stoical about my lc, but several times I would be sitting quietly by myself and just felt a wave of sadness and emotion come over me. It was very odd. I chalk it up to the holidays.

I hope your dad's treatment goes well.

Don m

Easier said than done but enjoy the moment as best you can. i spent a lot of time stressing about my mom and dad and waiting and watching for something i didnt have any control over at the end of the day. if i could, i would have seized more moments to just enjoy them, instead of worrying endlessly.

Tomorrow isnt promised to any one of us. Dont let lc take away the joy of today!