Hello :)

betplace

I am of course new here, I was diagnosed with extensive stage sclc on Oct 23rd, 2003 4.5 cm tumor in my right lung, also showing up in my lymph system, liver and 1 rib. I started on Paraplatin and Vepesid, Tuesday, Vepesid only Wed and today. Aside from a very acid stomach, I actually feel better than I have in 3 weeks!

I look forward to interacting with all of you and getting to lnow you.

Betty

Hi Betty,

So sorry you have to be here but it is the best place to be when one is fighting lung cancer. My suggestion to you is to keep copies of all your medical records and read them very carefully. Ask many questions of your drs. Make sure they doscans when you feel you need more. If anything at all is bothering you contact them immediately. YOu come first.

Hope you have someone there to help you through these times. Will put you in my nightly prayers.

Hello Betty;

Welcome and so very sorry you have been diagnosed with this dreadful disease. :(:( You will find very understanding, caring and knowledgable people here. But, most importantly you will find SURVIVORS here. :):)

Again welcome and know you are not alone

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stage IIB-left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Hi Betty,

Newly diagnosed was the most difficult time for me and I applaud you for stepping into this circle of support. I know that we all help each other with support and resolve to battle this ugly beast. I wish you didn't have to be here, but I know you will be strengthened through your participation. I hope your chemo continues to go well and that you get results of improvement.

Peace and blessings,

Margaret

Hi Betty,

Welcome to the board. This board has been a blessing for me. If we need to ask questions, know about treatments or just vent this is the best place to do it. The people on here are really great and offer alot of support. Glad you are feeling better. Blessing to you and you are in my prayers...

Karen

Betty,

Sorry that we are meeting under these circumstances, but you have found a wonderful and very supportive, caring group of families.....from the care givers to the survivors of cancer themselves. They can all offer you different perspectives, ideas, and hope!

Take care...will pray that God gives you strength for the future, peace and comfort.

Lynne

Dear Betty:

First, thank you for sending me here to this great forum and also for all the support you are giving me.

As you know I am using an alternative medicine while I am waiting for the results of my bioposy.

I found this wonderful information about our bodies being to acid and after reading this and getting my PH balanced I have stopped having the terrible pain of acid stomach. This is a interesting part of which says:

"Change your body’s internal environment to one where cancer cannot thrive, and cancer may have a much harder time surviving. Interestingly enough, there are just a few fundamentals that can make a big difference in that internal environment, turning it towards health. Revolving around the alkaline/acidity levels and oxygen levels in the cells."

I have been using a good calcium supplement to bring my PH to a healthy level along with daily breathing excerises and walking when I feel up to it. Also getting out in the sun some time during the day. The sun creates vitamin D which helps absorbe the calcium.

The URL to this report is http://www.gethealthyagain.com/cancer.html

Hope this helps each and everyone of you. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Vadis

Betty,

Sorry to meet you under these circumstances...but this is a great source of support..or it has been for our family!

We are here when you need to vent....ask questions...or just 'talk'....

Prayers for peace, comfort and strength to meet the challenging days ahead.

Lynne