someone to talk too!

dannnie

Hello! I'm a new member. I,m a wife,mother of a 11 & 18 yr old, a factory worker and a country girl in Ky. I found out I had lung cancer in 2004. I'm taking Tarceva and Avastin. I've had to quit work this week after being there for 21 yrs. The side effects from the chemo are getting worse. I would like to hear from someone who knows alittle about how I feel.

Hi, and welcome to the LCSC!

We have a terrific group of members here who have first-hand experience, either as patients or family members or both, with just about any treatment and side effect you can name. Let us know what specific problems you're having right now and I'm sure the right people will jump in to help. As you can see from my profile below, I was on Avastin for a full year and I switched to Tarceva in October.

Aloha,

Ned

Hi Dannie-

Sorry you have to be here but this is a great place to be for information, strength and hope.

I was on Avastin for 7 months and the only side effect I had was high blood pressure. I am now on Alimta.

I am also a mom of a teenager, so I understand how you must be feeling with young children.

Please keep us updated and feel free to ask any questions at all - we are all here for you.

Hugs - Patti B.

This support group is a great thing! Thank's everyone for thier replies. It made my day to read the hopes and prayers that ya'll sent. Today I'm feeling a little down because the headaches are really bad. It's alittle hard to even read. Hope to hear from ya'll again!

dannnie

Welcome to our family,

There are many here who have taken the same drugs you are taking . Take time to read the different forums and you will soon learn that there are many people here who might be able to answer any specific questions you have and many here ready to give you support. Glad you found us.

Sue

Hi Dannie, welcome to the best support community on the web. My husband entered a clinical trial of Avastin & Tarceva a year ago and that combination kept him stable for a year - please read his profile below. He had a lot of 'chemo induced' joint pain, fatigue and low appetite. Most people find Avastin to be an easy chemo but he had a lot of difficulty with the combination of the two drugs in the beginning. Unfortunately they found a blood clot in his lung 2 weeks ago and he is now out of the trial and on Tarceva only, so we're hoping that Tarceva will continue to keep him stable. He has had good days and some really miserable days, particularly when he first started the trial, and although I'm not a patient I can understand what you are going through.

wendyr