New to site

Robbi

Hi there! I've been lurking and reading posts for about a month, but decided tonight is time to join in.

My mom was diagnosed at the beginning of January with non small cell lung cancer with mets to the brain and lymph nodes. She has been through 15 rounds of radiation, radio surgery and two weeks ago had chemo--carbo/taxol. She's 84 and has had a really rough time with all of that.

I have been her one and only caregiver since the beginning. I'm beginning to feel the strain of it and know I need help. (my father passed away October 25, 2007)

I have yet to figure this forum out. I don't know how to put all the 'details' of her illness and treatments at the end of this post like many of you have. HELP!

I'm SO glad I stumbled onto this site. I have learned so much while lurking and know I'll learn even more now that I've jumped in and joined. :-)

Hi Robbi and welcome

I am sorry about your Mom but very glad you are no longer a lurker and have come to join us!

Please let us know how we can help and know that we will all do our best to guide you through this journey

Warmly

Christine

Welcome Robbi. You will find so much support and information here. To add details, go to the top of the screen in the purple area and click "My Profile". Scroll down to the Signature section (about 1/2 way down), enter your info and click "Submit" on the bottom. Hope that helps!

Lisa

Hi Robbi. Welcome! I just left the chat to read your post. I'm so sorry about your mother and the loss of your father so recently. The chemo, etc. must be really hard on her at her age. I think you will find lots of support, information, etc here. Keep us posted on how your mother is doing. Thanks.

Muriel

Robbi,

Our Ned posted how to make your PROFILE SMALLER a while back, so I just copied it and pasted it here for you.

Here's how I did your profile sample modification in my last message (except here I've added a space before the right bracket of each closing code so the codes won't take effect and disappear):

9/20/07[/color ] [color=purple]PCP immediately ordered an x-ray and sent me as an emergency patient to the hospital calling ahead and describing me as having "a complete white-out of the left lung."[/color ]

9/20/07[/color ] [color=purple]Had two liters of bloody fluid removed in ER and was admitted to hospital with pleural effusion and pneumonia.[/color ]

9/20/07-9/24/07[/color ] [color=purple]Had x-rays and CT scans were negative for tumors. IV antibiotics resolved the pneumonia and no new fluid accumulated.[/color ][/size ]

Note that to change colors you have to close one color and then open the next color, every time. You can't just close one color and expect it to revert back to what it was before. So in that regard it takes twice as much coding as bold or italics, which do revert back to normal type when [/i ] or [/b ] is used.

But you can make it easy on yourself by doing this: (1) Go to your profile/signature entry window and copy all. (2) Open a regular message entry window, as if you were replying to a post, and paste in the profile code you just copied. (3) Use the code shortcut buttons at the top if they help, but especially use the Preview feature until everything looks right. (4) Copy the updated code, go back to your profile/signature entry window, paste the new code over the old, scroll down, and hit Submit.

Hi Robbi

Sorry you have the need to be here but you will find much support and understanding here.

I hope your mom does well with her chemo.

Please feel free to come here with any questions - we will be here for you.

Your mom is very lucky to have you by her side.

Hugs - Patti B.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Robbi,

Having a little browse on here, and saw your story and could relate..I had a go at the 'history' part so was seeing if that worked too.

Take care, we have a review today with the oncologist to see if the chemo did any good.