New to Site

I am just new to this site. My name is Noelle and I was diagnosed with NSCLC April '07 - Adenocarcinoma IIIB wet (meaning pleural effusion with cancer cells found in fluid). Tumor is inoperable.

My treatment has been as follows:

April '07 to September '07 - Carbo/Taxol/Avastin

September 12 '07 - CAT scan shows tumor reduced 75%

October '07 to February '08 - Avastin only

February 29, 2008 - new symptoms coughing, and pain in back and chest (intermittant), difficulty breathing.

March 4, 2008 - CAT scan revealed tumor growth and fluid around right lung. Fluid drained and pre-treated with B-12 shot, Decadron (day before, day of, day after Alimta infusion scheduled for 3/11/08)

March 11, 2008 - 1st Alimta treatment.

March 24, 2008 - coughing and pain has diminished. It feels like the Alimta is working.

Hi, Noelle, welcome to the group! Looks like we're on a similar path, with me about 6 months ahead of you. I had 4 months of Taxol/Carbo/Avastin, then 8 months of Avastin alone, now Tarceva since October 2007. Alimta may be in my future -- I'm happy to see that it seems to be working and you're tolerating it well.

You can put your diagnosis/treatment/scans history down in the signature block where you have just "Noelle" and save a lot of typing on future posts. That's what we call a profile, and it's a very handy feature on this site.

Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

Welcome Noelle! Depending on which doc you ask I am IIIB too...........some might say IIIA ~ I'm not sure it makes a whole lot of difference. Glad to 'meet' you and hope to see you around this wonderful place. Alimpta has proven to be wonderful for some. You may want to do a search of it and see what members who have experience with the drug say. You'll get much support and also find friendship here.

Kasey

Hi Noelle-

Welcome. This is a great place to come to get information, ask questions, or just vent. Some of the best folks in the world here.

My chemo hx is pretty much like yours - I did the Carbo/Taxol/Avastin for 6 cycles, then 7 months on Avastin only and now I have been on Alimta for 5 months. Feeling good and doing anything pretty much I want to. You may notice, however, that Alimta does tend to cause some SOB.

Hope you continue to do good. Keep us posted on your progress and please come here if you have any questions.

Hugs - Patti B.