Getting to Know You - March 31

Ann

I am right there with you Deb, GOLF as often as I can. Try and play 3 times a week and go to the driving range once. Thank God spring is here. Haven't played in over a month, boo hoo.

Reading, love to read, always have a stack of books nearby.

Needlework, knitting or cross stitch.

I used to love to garden, not so much anymore.

I am a collector of stuff that I think I can sell on ebay but rarely do, which then turns into my hobby of collections of useless stuff around my house that I cant manage to throw away because of the thought in my head someday I might need that. So mine is a twofold type hobby lol.

I have several hobbies. Sewing projects are always at the top of my list. I crochet, make quilts,do embroidery and cross stitch. I also tryed my hand at oil painting recently. I don't do it often but love to pain. I find that for someone who can't draw a straight line oils are very forgiving!

I always loved to garden from the time I was a small child. When I moved up to French Gulch I had a huge yard that was like a blank slate. I started slowly because I was working and didn't have much money. Up there there is no dirt only rocks so all beds have to be built above ground. I hauled rocks and dirt and filled the yard with small beds and bought plants and bulbs. It was really beautiful all Spring and Summer but it took it's toll on me.

Water went sky high and to keep it up I had to water everyday. Often I wouldn't get home til close to dark and when I did have a day off I was so tired but still had to water, firtilize and weed.

When I retired last year I moved into a Senior Apartment Complex in Redding. I have no place to plant flowers. I wont' even go into a garden department right now. I have the urge but not the place to plant! There is a small flower bed just out side the door of my building. The lady who was keeping it up just moved. I have my eye on it and think I will pick up where she left off. After all some is better than none :!:

As most of you know, ice hockey is my newest addiction, and i see that becoming a year round thing for me. Golf season for me begins after Easter, and ends at the end of September. Yes I have a very defined timeline. i may golf earlier if a trip to Myrtle is planned, but typically here for me it's after easter until the end of Sept. From Oct thru Christmas I'm in the woods hunting. Leaving Jan thru Easter for indoor projects such as working on finishing the basement, or redoing a bathroom, refinishing coffee tables, or just generally being lazy. I will fish occassionally in the spring through fall, but it's hit or miss. I could fish five times a year one year, and not fish again for two years, just never know.

Sadly, I don't have as many hobbies as I would like to have. Don't know why, I just never seem to find something that I like. I want to golf, but don't think I will be too good at it. I bought a ton of stuff for scrapbooking and I like it, it just doesn't hold my attention for too long.

I like to read - but I always feel guilty sitting down to read when there are things to be done around the house.

So essentially, I am a loser with no hobbies :lol::lol:

I love crafting in general. I look at something and think, wow, I can make that. Usually, I'm wrong so there are always supplies sitting around that don't get used. I have been on a mission to clean my craft room but seem to have such a hard time getting rid of anything to do with crafting. I tell you, it's an addiction!!!

Col, what about all those wreaths you used to make. Just ran out of people to make them for. Start selling them here on the website. We gotta figure out how to pay for Jack to go to Notre Dame somehow.