2:30 a.m.

Dave

2:30 a.m. and here I sit......cant sleep again.....even ambien let me down tonight. Hate it when this happens. Just cant shut my mind off.....if some of the things that popped in my mind were made public I'd never get out of the booby hatch. God I hate this flippin disease. Oh well maybe something good on t.v.

I know exactly how you feel. I have doubled my sleep meds but I still can't sleep. It's terrifying what we are going through and I hate this disease so much. I hate what it has done to my life and those around me. Just gotta get on with it and fight, what else can we do?

Hope you found something to watch at 2.30am, maybe at that time of night something rude was on, lol.

Just know you are not alone with this,

Sharon

I hear ya - loud and clear. Nighttime seems to be the worse - I HATE thinking sometimes.

We should all start a "I am up anyway lets call each other phone line". We can either make each other laugh or bore each other to finally sleep. :lol::lol:

Good luck - Patti B.

Sorry about the rough nite Dave. Hey we should start a 2:30 am club here. Whoever is up at that hour.can check in with other middle of the nite musers. Well a bit difficult to schedule with time changes etc....maybe make it 2:30 this site's time. Bet there might be some real interesting conversation in the middle of the night. All us crazy people, only half awake! Have a good night's sleep tonight.

Take care

Sandra

Dave,

It sucks eggs, big time. I'm sorry. I well remember the days when my husband would fall asleep and be wide awake in the middle of the night. He tried all the different brands and dosages of sleeping meds. We ended up tweaking the primary med with an ativan or a xanax in the wee hours of the morning.

I don't have cancer, but laid awake for hours every night watching my dear husband's breathing. I've been a member of insomniac theater for a few years now. I hate it.

As Willie said, "To sleep, perchance to dream- ay, there's the rub." (Taken out of context naturally!) :shock:

Many wishes of sleep for all of those so deprived.

Welthy

Boy, do I hear you on the insomnia thing! (Arrrgggghhh!)

I like Katie's chat suggestion. I haven't tried to use chat before, but the main message board menu does show who else is on site so next time I'm up and online in the middle of the night, I think I'll try it.

In the meantime, good luck with getting some sleep.

Carole

Well, now that they've upped my Prednisone (from 5 mg. to 40), I'm back on Restoril so slept from 1:00 a.m. to 7 a.m. this morning (Hurrah! a full 6 hours!)

Note: I've tried to avoid sleeping pills to the extent possible, but I'm also too well aware that 5 nights with zero sleep will result in a psychotic episode; and am told that 10 nights with zero sleep will result in death, so the heck with macha attitudes about sleep aids! :lol:

Carole