Well, the Other Shoe Fell

Patti B

"cat127"]...Someone mentioned taking prilosec with Tarceva, that actually shouldn't be taken with Tarceva, as it lowers the blood levels of erlotinib by nearly a half. Which stinks as I do think it also causes heartburn. Here is a link for folks info http://emc.medicines.org.uk/emc/assets/ ... NDICATIONS The prilosec info is in section 4.5...

Thank You.

Patti,

I join a large group that is taking your back. Not the best news, but the best doctor with a plan that has worked for many many.

You have an encyclopedic amount of information here about Tarceva which should bring you much optimism.

How brave you are to think of your family's needs before your own. I agree with others that think Nick can handle the news and telling him sooner rather than later will help him understand it before school starts.

I hope Tarceva is your magic pill.

Hi Patti,

I was hoping the news would be better, but still, as your doctor put it, it's not it's not extreme. I'm sure you don't feel that way, and I wish there had been no progresseion.

BUT, you are not out of options. Judging by what I've read about others on Tarceva, you can have good results with this for a long time to come. Don't lose heart, don't lose hope.

Keep on going girl, I'm wishing you only the best and great success.

:) Gail

Hi Patti,

Sorry its not the news you wanted but my dad was a smoker and Tarceva worked for him for I think about 9 months He did have some skin issues on his back, face and head but it was not as bad and he had quite a bit more quality of life because he didn't feel as sick as he did on chemo. Hoping it has good results for you. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Tammy

Patti:

Sorry about your news, but aren't you adenocarcinoma (as vs. squamous cell)?If so, your smoking history will probably be overcome by your type; i.e., you have a much better chance of Tarceva working.

As to side effects, I hope you break out in a terrible rash! :lol:

Why? Becuase it's a sign the Tarceva is working (and you can use that rash to help your husband play "connect the dots," remember? :D)

Sending giant hugs your way...

Affectionately,

Carole

Patti, i already responded to your brain scan post, but just wanted to drop you a note about the Tarceva....Col's been on it for over a year and as you well know has worked wonders keeping the cancer at bay....Her side effects were the normal ones associated with the meds...But with time and percerverance and some toughness she got the to be manageable...Hopefully this is the magic bullet is has been for many others....When it's working it makes the side effects a bit more tolerable.

Again, we're all praying for you...hang in there.

Hi Patti. I am sorry to see you have some progression and hope the tarceva does it for you. I used tarceva for about 3 months before we figured it was not working for me. But it works for a lot of people. One problem I had in terms of side effects was my hands getting all wrinkled up and sore. I tried some stuff that you can get over the counter called liquid gloves. I got mine at the Rite Aid pharmacy. It basically solved my hands problem.

Don M