Dean Update...

lynne

Dean was admitted to the hospital again (3rd time since September) on Sunday evening. He had a temp of 102, difficulty breathing, chest pain, and a right arm that was so swollen and so sore that he could hardly move it. It had a hard knot from the shoulder to the elbow and then another hard knot under the arm-pit area.

They have decided that he has pneumonia again...at least two blood clots and a possible third in his right calf area.

They had had him on Lovenox injections at home, slowly switched him to Coumadin and then the blood clots returned. They put him back on Lovenox in the hospital but the clots were not responding fast enough so they put him on a Heprin drip which seems to be helping (not fast enough to suite me...but at least it is working). He is on two different antibiotics via the IV....the heprin drip, breathing treatments..etc.

He is finally feeling better! Monday he was AWFUL. I stayed with him all day Monday, never even made it to work. Tuesday, he was slightly better, went in to work for a few hours...then Wednesday he was quiet a bit better. Today he is still having trouble breathing, but his arm is better.

They have given him 3 units of packed red blood cells which really seemed to help!

I hate this disease more and more every day...but I thank God for every day we have..and pray for that miracle!

Lynne

Hi Lynne

So very sorry you and Dean are going through this, Please know you will be in my thoughts and prayers, Hang in there, Dean's a strong one he'll do OK.

God bless and be well

Bobmc- NSCLC- stageIIB- left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"