Getting to Know You....Wednesday, Nov. 5th

Ann

Didn't stay up. Actually even went to bed a little earlier than usual. I can only listen to all that reporting of numbers for so long. Pretty much knew who the winner was, though, before retiring. I really missed Tim Russert :cry: .

Kasey

PS: I cannot believe I almost forgot to mention this ~ last presidential election day 2004 we were in NYC at MSK for my second opinion. It was NOT a good second opinion. Upon returning home around 6:45, Fred hurried to the polling place to cast his ballot. I was not interested. Figured I wan't going to be here anyhow so I just didn't care much about anything. What a difference 4 years has made!!!!

Yes, and I loved every second of it. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I stayed up until 1:30 am (eastern). At that time, I felt everyone had said everything that could be said and it would be ok to go to bed. Hubby turned in as soon as MSNBC called it.

I stopped in to see what people in the chat room were talking about, but only stayed about 10 minutes.

Muriel

And even I, your Cdn neighbour stayed up to watch a fair bit of it. My kids are surprisingly knowledgable about it (almost more so then our most recent federal election) and most certainly got the historical significance of it all. My 12 year old son keenly listened to Obama's speech and stayed up late to do so. He also asked me probing questions about what impact this election would have on Canada. Pretty smart kids these days. Can't say I remember giving a good gall darn about politics at that age.

Sandra

Stayed up AND let my son stay up to witness history being made-

Who would have thought almost 6 years ago that I would be sitting in a chair in front of a TV at midnight with my son squished next to me watching the first African American president elect giving his acceptance speech?? How could I NOT stay up??

I did have just a glimmer of disappointment that I wasn't watching the first woman president elect but I got over it... :?

Absolutely! We spent part of the evening at the house of a friend who was being reelected to the Hawaii state House of Representatives. After we got home and everyone else was asleep I watched CNN and MSNBC until after midnight (5 AM on the East Coast). As I told one of our members in a PM, I'm just incredibly grateful that I lived to see this day. And that's from someone who has on occasion (though not recently) voted Republican. Aloha,

Ned

You betcha I stayed up and finally had to make myself turn off the television at about 2:11, after reminding myself that I had to go to work this morning. I have to admit that I was more than a little teary eyed as I watched this wonderful bit of history being made. My family and I had worked very hard in Obama's campaign and I loved seeing my efforts blossom!!! The one thing that kept crossing my mind is what a wonderful opportunity this is for our country to really blend....something that is long overdue! My 2 year old grandaughter has been tagging along for door-to-door campaigning and has been telling people for months who the next "pwesident" will be....lol! I just think it's amazing that she can look at pictures of President - elect Obama and have no idea there is any difference in their skin color or the way their looks differ. I pray this remains with through her life!!!

was a very emotoional nite here in greensboro NC!! We attribute a lot of what happened to going back some 40+ yers ago to an event that was held in a building that still stands in downtown greensboro. I know it as a Woolworts Building wher 4 black A&T students protested by staging a sit in protest at a lunch counter that is now housed in the Smithsonian Museum of History. We have a statue at NC A&T university commemorating those 4 individuals. that and also A shout out and thank you to a woman known as Rosa Parks in Alabama that protested on a bus one day!

I am a Obama republican and proud of it!!!

I had to laugh when at 11 pm Eastern time Steven colbert at the end os indecision 08 announced, "Ladies adn gentlemaen of these wonderful United States, We have a new HAWAIIN PRESIDENT, BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA!!!!!"