bone mets

alexan

Bucky I dont have experience with those mets But I think that Zometa is used! You should get some more answers soon..

Hugs and Prayers and Keep on chugging along!!

My understanding is that radiation treatments are most common response, but that these are provided to reduce pain as vs. being an actual treatment. I, too, am curious as to responses you get to this question as I'm currently experiencing minor, intermittant back pain that may be bone mets, but is equally likely to be stress fractures from Prednisone-induced osteoporosis (doctors are "monitoring").

Best wishes to you--as always.

With love and affection,

Carole

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.--George Carlin

Hi Bucky. How long ago did you do the radiation treatments? I had palliative radiation for bone mets on my pelvis and a vertebra. The vertebra stopped causing pain (sciatica down the right leg) halfway through the treatments (14 in all) but the pelvis didn't stop hurting till several weeks after the radiation was done. So hang in there -- ya never know.

Good luck.

Ellen

Hi Bucky,

My husband has bone mets on his spine and is currently receiving Zometa. There isn't much pain involved so no radiation has been ordered at this time. He has scans again in a couple of weeks and has had three infusions of Zometa so we will see how it goes. Good Luck!

Jean

Hi Bucky,

I have had several treatments for bone mets. I had one in my spine (t12) and one on my pelvis (ischium bone) treated with spot radiation - 10 treatments, and Tarceva/

Avastin & Zometa combo 3 years ago. The ischium bone is the bone that you sit on, the pain I had there went away about 3 weeks after I started radiation - it still hurts occasionally depending on the cold weather.

A year ago they found another met in my spine at T10 that didn't cause a problem until last month (12 months later). I just had stereotactic radiation there last week. I am having some pain from this met, we'll see how soon it will disappear.

I also had a met to my skull that appeared 3 months ago. I had radiation to that spot and still have occasional pain but no where near the length of time or severity.

So from my story, I have had a mixed bag with bone mets. Overall I have been pretty lucky to have at least some pain relief from the radiation, drug combos.

Wendy

• 3 weeks later...

My husband has bone mets, a spot in his pelvis and a few in his ribs. After 4 infusions of chemo with zometa his scans how that the bones are "healing nicely". I have no idea what that means, I do know that one met on his rib was causing pain, but now is not. Also, his PET showed a "devoping met" on his spine, however the follow up bone scan after treatment did not show anything.

Bill had several treatments to his shoulder almost two years ago, and it is just starting to kick up again.

The pain left him part way through the treatments. If I remember correctly, he had about 20 in all.

It doesn't actually cause him pain now, but is uncomfortable when he tries to lift his arm as it is rather stiff.

We are waiting to see if anything might change while he is on the present chemo Tarceva.

Barbara