Please Pray for Rose - Update 01/11/10

Flyman35

My bosses 85 year old mom Rose is having surgery tomorrow. 4 years ago Rose was diagnosed with colon cancer and had subsequent surgery, chemo and radiation.

Her cancer is now back and they will remove what is left of the colon. The kicker is that she has so much scar tissue from the radiation that her uterus is fused to her vaginal wall which has created a fistula so they will be doing a full hysterectomy as well.

Don is worried that at her age and her weakened condition that she will make not it through the surgery.

Please pray for Rose. She is so sweet and so scared. She says she is not ready to go yet but then who really is.

Thanks

Denise

Denise - many prayers for Rose. It is good that she is not ready to go - my 88 year old mother in law underwent a very harsh chemo and radiation treatment for non-Hodgkins lymphoma and her feisty attitude and desire to live helped. Tell Rose we will be scared right along with her, but we can't wait to hear the good news at the end of the surgery.

Linda

The Good News

Rose made it through surgery and is resting comfortably with her morphine pump. They did not have to do the hysterectomy as they thought they would. They repaired what they could of the fistula with what good tissue they had and they removed the entire tumor and what was left of the colon.

The Bad News

Once they opened her up they saw that the cancer has already spread to her abdominal wall and her pelvis. This of course did not show on her CT or PET and we all know that sometimes the scans just don’t show everything. So the doctors took the tumor and repaired the fistula and closed her back up.

Please continue to pray for Rose as she has a much bigger fight ahead of her.

Denise

• 1 month later...

A little update on Rose.

She is healing but still has some residual pain. They are waiting 2 months for her to heal some more and then they will explore some treatment options for her.

3/28 marks her 84th birthday!!!

Her family will be having a little party for her.

Thanks for all the prayers and positive thoughts.

Denise

• 9 months later...

It seems like Rose's days are coming to an end. She is in so much pain and there is nothing more they can do for her treatment wise. They had a meeting today and have started hospice care and will basically need to keep her sedated until the end. Please say a litte prayer for a peaceful and pain free passing.

Thanks,

Denise

• 2 weeks later...

My boss just got a call from hospice and rushed out the door. He asked us all to come in early Monday to make sure we are covered. He did not say she passed but please say a little prayer.

:(:cry:

Thanks,

Denise

Denise Think of it as the ultimate victory in that Rose is not suffering anymore! I am so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts Prayers and condolences to friends and family of this wonderful woman!!