New to group

Carrie6

Hello everyone. I hope I am posting this in the right spot.

My 43 yr old husband was diagnosed with limited SCLC in both lungs in mid August of 2008. He was also diagnosed with an AVM of the brain at the same time. Life has just now begun to settle back down over this past week. Treatments are finally over. The cancer is in remission and he just completed preventative brain radiation....and yes, he lost his hair for a 2nd time lol. I don't know what the future holds for us, but we are going to try to enjoy life the best we can.

Hi, Carrie, welcome to the group. Sounds as if your husband responded very well to treatment. What chemo drugs did he have?

I don't know what the future holds for us...

No one does, really. But the way I look at it, cancer provides a wake-up call that can positively affect how one handles the rest of his life, however long that may be. The same thing can hold true for the entire family.

Give us some more details, and help us welcome the "newly diagnosed" who join our ranks every week. Best wishes and Aloha,

Ned

I don't know what the future holds for us, but we are going to try to enjoy life the best we can.

Thats the best thing You can do for fighting cancer!! Enjoy Life the best You can!!! Glad to hear about the remission !!!

Carrie, you are in the right place. I'm so glad your husband has had such successful treatment. Tell us more about yourself and your husband. There is a forum for just about every subject--you can even post in a General or Just for Fun forum or welcome others in this Introduce Yourself forum.

This site is a great place to make friends who "get it." I've been in remission 18 months now and it still seems like most of friends who I feel most connected to are survivors or caretakers of loved ones who have or have had cancer. It changes people somehow and it's so comforting to relate to people who have been there.

Judy in Key West

Welcome Carrie. Glad you found us. In our local face to face support group we have several SCLC with many years of survival under their belt. Keep us posted on how he is doing. Also Bald is very popular for guys right now, some even shave their heads.

Donna G

Welcome to this great group of folks who get it Carrie. It is so good to hear that your husband's treatment was successful. Regardless, it changes your life forever, and in many good ways as well. I hope to get to know you better on the boards. Take care and keep enjoying every blessed day.

Sandra