Question for all:

alyssa0323

Please answer this with your most honest answer and not with what you think will make me feel better or what I want to hear :cry:

Does anyone believe that when your loved ones pass away, that they come back to let you know that they are okay? Im not talking like "signs".. Im talking about in their real life form and self? Whether it be in your dreams or if you actually see them... I KNOW that if my mom could, she would come back to let me know that she is okay in Heaven. I just know she would. I have not seen her, I have not dreamed of her, I havent seen her beautiful face since that day she passed away in February. I miss her so much. I have always been scared of dying but when I think of being able to be reunited with my family and mom, I feel better, but I am honestly a little questionable now if they are actually even there waiting on us.

I lost my mother 10 months ago. My Dad has seen her. She would come into his room at night and touches his arm, smiles and then leaves. This was around November and she died the end of June. I have felt her, and heard her. I answered the telephone and all she said to me was, "Patty,your Dad needs to talk to you." Then dad was on the line. I know it doesn't make sense, but I believe she was there because we needed her. I feel it was mostly to calm our anger, because she always did. I strongly believe there is more after death. I am not sure if this helps you any. This week with Mother's Day approaching is really hard. I still get angry and wish the commercials would stop. Have faith, I truly believe she is watching over you.

Thank you. I feel like I am looking for signs. Like any little thing I see I say to myself, "oh thats my mom" But what I really want is to hear her voice and see her again. I want her to tell me that she is okay. Yes, I am dreading this Sunday. I am a mother myself but it will just never be the same without her.

Hi Alyssa.

Since you asked everyone to answer and to answer truthfully, I will say that I do not believe anyone can come back or appear or do anything after they've died. And, frankly, if I thought they could, I'd be rather fearful since, if they still existed in any way, they could be unhappy, and that would be very painful for me to consider. The way I see it, they're in the same condition after death that they were before birth -- a zillion atoms floating around the universe.

For what it's worth, my mother died at 57 when I was 19 (in 1963) and I still dream of her, maybe once every month or two. But I know that 's all in my head. The nice thing is that she's never aged in my head -- which means she's now younger than I am -- but dreams don't follow the same logic as reality. (She'd be 104 now -- I'm happy I don't imagine her like that!)

I don't know if I've helped but I sure hope I haven't made you feel worse. And have patience -- gradually, it will sting less, I promise.

Ellen

Yes they do come back. Sometimes I think it is to help us and then again I can't help but wonder if they don't need to keep the connection as well. Some people have to wait longer, some of us see them sooner.

I was fortunate to have a visit from my Johnny a little over a month after he passed. I think it was because I wasn't eating or sleeping and needed him so desperately. I was so alone.

So don't worry when the time is right you will see her or at least feel her. I didn't get a sign from my mom until after Johnny died and that was 17 years.

Hi Alyssa,

I do believe that my Mom is watching over me from Heaven. How could it be Heaven if you couldn't see your loved ones? I haven't seen her and I don't remember any dreams either. I do hear her voice in my head sometimes, I don't know if I'm actually "hearing" her or if it's just a memory. At night right before I go to sleep I used to ask her if she was okay and a feeling of peace would wash over me. So whether she speaks to me or it's my imagination it really doesn't matter, it makes me feel better.

((hugs))

Dana

Alyssa,

What I will tell you will be dismissed by many, I am sure of that.

However, I live in a reality world, am a bit of a non-dreamer, but I had a strong sense after my father's death, that he was with me.

I couldn't shake it (important especially since I was the realist in the family). He "stayed" with me until after all the funeral and after final decisions had been made.

I was not the one in charge of it all. I had asked my Dad (when he was alive) to give that honor to his only son, my younger brother, who needed to be "recognized."

Afterward, I told my younger sister of these "feelings." She looked in shock. She thought she was the only one who felt our Dad's strong presence.

He was then never felt again (by anyone), and left without so much as a "so long." We never again had any concern about the hereafter. How weird is that? We are certainly concerned about any suffering here, but the hereafter? No.

To be honest, I fight these things in my mind, but have had "spiritual experiences" all my life. I won't go into them because it would take too long.

I believe in a hereafter. It is not, perhaps, the place other people visualize, but it is there because nothing is ever destroyed. :D Science 101, Cathedral High School, 1948-1952. :lol:

When I am in deep "trouble," I pray and since that is what my mother and father taught me, it brings me closer to their essence. It brings me peace and comfort. What can one lose by praying? :wink:

Love being sent, and hope that you will find peace, as we are all on a spiritual journey, of some sort,

Barbara

ok I will share a couple of experiences here.

My experience was one night I had a dream in which Debs Oncologist told her, Deb You are Cured! No more Cancer at all!!! And that was the most I remember of that dream.

The other experience is one that was shared by our own Don Wood one day after Lucy passed away and I will never forget this as as long as I live. He said in a post that he woke up from a nap in his easy chair and saw Lucy holding a bouquet of flowers standing at the foot of his recliner smiling him!!!

Keri went back to work before I could. I "dreamt" that I heard the door downstairs and then someone come upstairs I said "forget something?" thinking it was Keri. I openned my eyes and there was mom at the corner of the bed. I sat up and leaned forward onto my hands and she took my face in her hands and smiled...

and then I woke up ...but I woke up with that feeling like she was downstairs in the house...to the point where I actually got up and looked for her.

I grew up a Star Wars fan and always thought those I loved would come back to me blue and sparkly like Obi Wan Kenobi, and we'd chat about the force...

Well, it wasn't like that, but it was REALLY real. My grandmother had the same experience with my grandpa Bob...

Have faith, you will have a moment where you KNOW she's there.

I have to post here. My mom past in December. I have had one dream of her and we just hugged no words. It was wonderful but I have been so discouraged lately because I feel I should "feel" her more. I want to feel her more then anything, to hear her voice, receive a sign I know is from her. I believe in my heart it will come with time.

I believe with all my heart that our loved ones are with us. I also believe in time, as the heart will allow, we will get the signs we are longing for.

I just talked with a good friend of mine about this and she believes that right now I am searching and seeking a 'big' sign and in the process missing all the little ones.

My heart is with you and I completely understand

Dana

I just talked with a good friend of mine about this and she believes that right now I am searching and seeking a 'big' sign and in the process missing all the little ones.

I think you have that right Dana. After my Mom died - for 13 years I felt her presence- and saw signs that she was with me - then I got cancer - and I looked and looked for signs that my mom was with me and saw none. I begged her to let me know she was there to help me and I got nothing. But I think - like you say - I was trying too hard - looking too hard.

I also truly believe that i don't NEED my mother as much now - because I am closer to God and He shows me signs of His presence every day, so my mother has stepped aside a bit and let Him take care of me.

Peace to you all

Janet

Hi Alissa

About a month after my Dad died, I was laying in bed one night. My Dad was there in the corner of my bedroom. He told me about things he said were going to happen. One of those things I vividly remembered was about some property we owned. We had a few parcels of land. He told me there would be a family dispute and also who would end up with each parcel of land. He told me my older brother would end up with one particular parcel because he would build a house there. About 5 years after my Dad's death my brother did get married and built a house where Dad said he would. About 12 years after my dad's death, there was a family dispute over land when an uncle we never had anything to do with tried to take some land that didn't belong to him. When the dust settled the land was all divided up and each member got a parcel just as Dad had told me. I was only 8 when Dad died and came to me that night. I did not have any knowledge or interest in property but always remembered that night and what he told me. I think those that have passed look over us whether we see them or not.

Alyssa-

I have always been a no-nonsense kind of person - ghosts and such just don't exist in my world. But I have changed my mind. I do now believe that our loved ones are watching over us in some way or another.

Right after I was diagnosed, I started hearing footsteps in my bedroom at night. So loud sometimes that I would wake up from a dead sleep and let out a yell!!! Don't know why - just have always felt that its my dad checking on me. Never, ever heard those before I was dx'd. It stayed that way for a long while. Now that I am doing OK, it seems to have settled down!!

I truly hope you get to feel your mom in one way or another. Just please believe that she is watching over you and your sweet baby.

Hugs - Patti B.

Thank you all sooo much! I have goose bumps reading all of your posts! I look forward to the day that I can see my mom again and hear her voice, whether it be in my dreams or otherwise.. I need and want to believe that will happen. I just miss her so very much and I know its only been a few months, but it's not getting any easier, anytime soon.

xoxo Hugs to everyone!