Coughing up Blood - UPDATE

ztweb

Hello all...I have been living in cancer denial now for 3 years with dad...he has been great. Last night he started coughing up blood...I am freaking out. They are on their way to Mayo this morning...his appointment check up was already scheduled for Monday morning....

Prayers please....

Jen

Jen, I can understand your concern, and I'd be concerned too if it happened to me, which it very well might some day. But from my reading I know that coughing up blood can have many causes, such as an infection or just the act of coughing itself. Hoping for reassuring news from Mayo. Aloha,

Ned

Jen-

You have lots of prayers coming from me, also. But Ned is right, could be from something else. A couple of months ago, I was coughing quite badly from my sinuses draining horribly. I coughed up some blood (actually quite a bit) and freaked out. So they pushed up my CAT scan which was the best one I ever had. They decided that I was coughing so bad, and since I am on coumadin, I was irritating all those little blood vessels and thats what was causing it. Funny thing......my last scan was horrid but they put me on a different sinus med and it hasn't happened since!!!!

Hoping you get some good news today - keep us posted please!!!

Hugs - Patti B.

Just an update here...

A regular x-ray shows nothing wrong with the throat...where he thought it seemed to be coming from. They took a CT, but the readers aren't here until this morning. They have a 1:30 central time appointment with the doc. The ER people said they did believe it looked like that pinpoint size had grown...thought maybe he had a lung infection. They told him that if they put him on antibiotics and the blood goes away that is a good sign...as of 9:00 p.m. last night it had gone away...so lets keep praying....

Thanks all! and Blessings,

Jen

Oh Jen, I know how scary it is when anything new changes. Our thoughts go immediately to the worst. But as others have said here, it couild be other things.

I am saying prayers right now for Keith. And I pray for God's continued blessings for you and your family.