Late Stage Roll Call

jaminkw

OMG we are now 20 in number! Thanks all.

Rich, I've been watching for you and was going to start an all-out search if I didn't hear from you soon. And Eileen, I was sure you were late stage. Do you have a sister with cancer also? I thought I saw that on another thread and wondered if it was you. ts, you go girl. I know you'll finished that course and take that vacation. And Barbara, may Bill beat the odds and keep on keeping on--he is just amazing!

Yes Judy. My sister received her diagnosis several years after me but was not as lucky as me. I had stage 1A no chemo nor radiation. Hers had lymph nodes positive so she needed chemo and radiation. Doc staged her at 3a or B. She had another nodule for two years that was not really growing so they recently did a biopsy and it was a different kind of tumor. She just had the cyberknife so we will see the results soon!

best to you

Key West---my dream place. I am hoping I am able to visit there one day!!!

My husband was diagnoised back in 04 by acciddent. Hurt his back and they took X-Rays.... they found a tumor on his lungs... Lucky, lucky lucky as he felt fine.

diagnoised with 1B had a left lobe removed. Chemo...2 more nodules aoppeared 6 monyhd later had a wedge section. Re-diagnoised at IIIB. Had a 2nd round of chemo.

Another small nodule appreard. When it showed growth his surgeon did not want to cut him again. He had that wonderful cyberknife and has been LC free for 1 year now.

Maryanne :wink:

Hi folks.

Just dropped by after several months of avoiding everything about lc that could be avoided. I'm sorry if I've caused any concern. Anyway, I'm still alive. :-)

My story: Dx 12/07 with Stage 4 adenocarcinoma with BAC features, mets to lymph nodes, pelvis, salivary gland. Was told to expect, on the average, 8 months WITH chemo. Refused chemo. July 2008: had 15 radiation tx to pelvis and a vertebra. July 2009: had 10 rad tx to another vertebra. Had them only to prevent paralysis/incontinence. Both series made me VERY tired for a good month after tx ended. No more radiation, for sure. Had a (malignant) salivary gland removed last year because it was annoying me; surgeon cut nerve and I now have a paralyzed vocal cord. Can't win... I definitely have less energy as time goes by but am still managing after 22 months from dx. And I'm VERY glad I refused chemo.

Ellen in PA

Hi Ellen!

It is so good to hear from you. We are all very happy that you are too busy living to be hanging around here. Here's to your 2 year anniversary coming up soon - and beating the stats into dust!

Best,

Stephanie

Hi Ellen,

It's so good to "see" you again. Bill knows what you mean about the radiation - a fatigue producer in a major way. Took the zip and zap out of him many times.

Thankfully, you are living to prove the stats wrong, and we all love it when that happens!

Barbara in Bergen :D

• 2 weeks later...