Sandra L.

LovesLife

www.mccallbros.com/sandra-lenz-nee-sills/

Sandra Lenz (nee Sills)

Lenz, Sandra (nee Sills) Jan. 21, 1964 – Oct. 3, 2009. Sandra will never be forgotten, greatly loved and missed by her family – husband Patrick, daughter Samantha, son Nathan, mother Margaret Sills (Regina), father Gregory Sills (Shirley) White Rock, sisters Karen Haverstock (Brent) Calgary and Darlene Toews (Vernon). She is also cherished by her in-laws June and Peter Lenz (Taber, AB) and sister-in-law Jennifer Eriksson (Chris) Calgary as well as her 7 nieces and nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins. She was given courage and support from her best friends Monica Tolson, Linda Kuntz, Daryl and Wendy Wingerter.

Sandra was born in Vancouver and then grew up in Regina where she completed her elementary, high school and university education, followed by her Chartered Accounting designation while employed at Saskatchewan Provincial Auditors. Her move to Victoria in 1993 was soon followed by her marriage to Patrick on Aug. 13, 1994. To be a wife and mother are her greatest achievements along with a highly successful career at the BC Auditor General’s Office and the BC Pension Corporation, where she rose to the position of Chief Financial Officer. Sandra’s motto was to Live, Laugh and Love. She carried these through everything she did.

Love and prayers carried Sandra through her courageous battle with cancer. She kept strong each day for her family, accompanying them on an Alaskan cruise in August.

The Mass of the Resurrection and celebration of Sandra’s life will be held 11:00AM Wednesday, Oct 7 at Sacred Heart Church, 4040 Nelthorpe Road.

In lieu of flowers, those who wish may donate to the Canadian Lung Association.

Offer Condolence for the family of Sandra Lenz (nee Sills)

To send a private condolence, click here

I am so sorry to read this. I wasn't sure who Sandra was until I saw her picture in her obituary link. I am so so sorry to read this. Sandra posted some encouraging word to me when my mom was battling this disease. She will be missing here. My thoughts and prayer to her family, especially her children at this time.

God speed Sandra...

I am so tired of this disease and its effects on peoples lives, health and their loved ones. When will it end?

• 2 months later...

It's really late for me to post this, but I wanted to share that we were in Victoria over (US) Thanksgiving. We were walking around downtown and I related some of what I learned about Sandra to my sweetie. It was a sweet and somber moment.