One Year Since Diagnosis - Only X Ray Done This Time

Annette

The doctor recommended going from CT's to CT then XRay so this was the first X Ray only - which appears to only add to my stress. But GOOD NEWS - the X-ray at least was all clear. But because I have had chronic acid reflux and my gut is killing me I am going to get an ultrasound of my abdomin tomorrow and see a gastro guy on Friday. I'm tired of my stomach area hurting so this is a good thing I guess. I think it's just a stress thing - cause I'm really very very good at stressing out.

Anyway - most important thing is 3 months to CT.....

Congratulations on the all clear Annette. I just met with my Oncologist because I got the results of my last couple test from the nurse. My last test were just chest x-ray's and like you I was concerned and asked for a CT Scan for my next test. His reply was that a CT Scan puts alot of radiation into your body and he didn't feel that there was a big difference from a chest x-ray. He said that the first year he alternated between an x-ray and scan because he was checking for a recurrance ( sorry forgot the medical term for the area ) but now that wasn't a concern. I'm 2 1/2 years out from lobectomy. So that was his opinion and it put my mind at ease.

I started out with just chest xrays for my 3 month follow up visits with the surgeon for the first few years. And then, the university changed its protocol and I had chest and upper abdomen CT scans for a couple of my annual visits. After 5 years, we went back to just chest xrays.

Personally, I'm fine with just the chest xray because he has others to use for comparison and changes are what he looks for. I don't like the idea of all the radation to my chest that a CT causes.

Just my thoughts, but that radiation issue does bother me, so the less CT scans I get, the better I like it.

Cindy

Congrats Annette. I'm good with X rays too. Don't want the huge radiation that you get with a CT scan unless there is a good reason for it. Try not to worry. Just live and enjoy this awesome life you have that is FREE FROM CANCER!!!! Yippee for us!

Judy in MI

Congratulations on your one year anniversary Annette :mrgreen:

We all know what stress can do to us... that probably is what is causing your stomach to react like that. Let us know the outcome. Good luck!

Maryanne :wink: