Mom

fillise

Mom passed away on Wednesday at about 11:45 am. She had been in the hospital since Friday with an irregular heartbeat. She had a new set of scans last week and they showed that the cancer had literally exploded inside her. Her right lung was so full of tumor that she could not move air at all through it and was on the outside of the lung. It was also all over her liver and spreading in her bones.

She stayed in the hospital for three days and I stayed with her day and night. She came home on Tuesday because it was my father's birthday. We had a family celebration for him and she was clear and lucid. Tuesday night she started having trouble breathing. I had to call the hospice nurse at 2 am Wednesday because every breath she took sounded like she was breathing under water. We finally got her settled around 4 am and she went to sleep. Wednesday morning she wanted to sit with us at the breakfast table so I put her in the wheel chair and brough her into the kitchen. Then she wanted to go into the den and I wheeled her in there and got her situated on the sofa. I could hear the fluid again. And then it just stopped. Dad and I were with her and she just let go. She had asked me the night before how to let go and I guess when she was in her favorite spot on the sofa she got comfortable enough to let go.

I will miss her every single day for the rest of my life.

Susan

Susan, when I saw the other thread was locked, I pm'd you my regrets. Then I saw this one. I am so sorry. I admired your mother's grit and was taken by the bond I could feel between the two of you. I know it makes it harder, but the beauty of the relationship the two of you had will hopefully shine through the pain as time goes by. Good-bye Susan's Mom. I will remember your courage always.

Judy in KW

Susan,

I am so very sorry that you have lost your Mom. You will eventually be comforted knowing that you enveloped her with your love. I am so glad she was able to go home and have a peaceful passing.

This happened so fast and you must be in shock. Words just don't come to me to express my sorrow.

Sue

Ah, Susan....I am so very, very sad and sorry. When my Mom passed she sounded like how you described. It was painful to think of her struggling like that. We are here for you when you need a shoulder to cry on, and we understand. May the sorrow one day be replaced with the memories of your mutual love for each other. You were an amazing daughter. I hope you find comfort in that you loved her with excellence.

Judy in MI

I want to send you my deepest sympathy. I know how hard it is to lose your mom. My mom was gone 25 years on the 12 of this month. I still miss her everyday. You were so fortunate to have the time with her that you did. It is hard to watch someone you love go but from what you have written you are at peace with the way she let go. Be thankful for that. My prayers are with you and all of your family.

Susan,

I'm sorry that this post is late. I haven't been on much lately but I want you to know how very sorry I am for your loss. We all have been so proud of you and your mom during this battle and I pray for God to bless each and everyone of you.

((((hugs my friend))))

Michelle

On Susan... I hated to read this post. I know how much you loved your mom and how much she faught this dreadful disease.

Please accept my deepest of deepest sympathies.... You mom will always be kept alive with all the wonderful memories you had together.

so so sorry...

Maryanne

• 2 weeks later...