8 Years Now

Don

As of this week it has been 8 years since dx with sclc w/superiod vena cava syndrome. My new titanium hips that have seem to be working well considering that am still breaking and training cutting horses. My short term memory is pretty well in the tank from radiation. They put me on Aricept for the memory thing. I have not been in for scans for over a year now. Not sure I want to either. Doctors still use that excuse when they don't know whats wrong, must be the chemo, radiation, or the cancer. Just give me a pain pill, sleeping pill, ativan, and am sure it will go away. If it's a cough due to cold then big bottles codine. And as for the hard of hearing I got hearing aids but what a pain. In and out and clean. So I invested in Bose sound system for TV, larger speakers in my car and truck and now I hear great. Again such a simple solution. I still think the infection causing cellulitis (Coleys Toxin) is what released all the T Cells and it ate my cancer at the same time. No one believes me not even the doctors but am still here and from the looks of it will be bugging doctors for some time to come. I wish I had answers for all of you that come to this board. I pray about a common cure for all of us and to end the suffering and sorry. I ask myself everyday why me and not someone else. And please dont tell me that am meant to do something. I hear that all the time. Yes I want to say am blessed but until all others are cured then I am not. I guess the only advise I can give is what I would always try and say. Lord if am here tomorrow I will try my best and if not I will be there in heaven with you and I got lots of questions.

God Bless you all,

Don

The newest thing is Immunotherapy studies which is the release of t cells in the body caused by an infection but remember am the crazy one.

The newest thing is Immunotherapy studies which is the release of t cells in the body caused by an infection but remember am the crazy one.

Congratulations Don and thanks for posting. As a 3+yr survivor, I could on people like you. And yes, many times the doctors think we'r crazy only to learn....

Judy in KW

Don ... what wonderful news!!! Wishing you many, many, many more. You are very ingenious at figuring out ways to improve the hearing ... love it! Keep bugging your doctors ... I am sure they love you as it sounds like you are quite the character...your personality just shines through in your post! Keep praying for the cure for everyone (as will I) ... perhaps He will hear.

Hugs,

Linda