Thursday's air - Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Snowflake

Where's our wee Irish lad to open the air this mornin'? 'Twould seem only right for Eric to welcome in the wearin' o' the green...

The menu is set for tonight: corned beef and cabbage, carrot and taters. Yum-yum!

KW Judy, you're in my thoughts and my dreams of chocolate have me rowing the canoe across the chocolate lake and you kicked back under an umbrella at the front of the boat, running ripe strawberries in the current and enjoying the super-size fondant bowl in which we float... And if chocolate ain't floatin' your boat, let's start the day with an Irish coffee followed by a round or six of Guinness until we have to be scraped off the floor with a shovel! Hugs!

The first toast?

May those who love us, love us.

And for those who don't love us,

May God turn their hearts.

And if he can not turn their hearts,

May he turn their ankles,

So we may know them by their limping.

Anyone have a second? I have more, and they're not all clean...

St. Patricks Day - obviously the perfect day for Becky's jokes - I know I was laughing. Today is my daughter's anniversary - her husband knew she loved everything Scottish and so he said this would be her perfect day. This will be their 4th anniversary and the first one the get to spend together - (gotta love the Navy - well you better anyway!).

I do believe that it is going to be the longest day of the century. I have the dreaded 4 p.m. appointment regarding yesterdays CT Scan. Sigh. I better go back and read Becky's jokes again.

Judy - how are you today - I've thought about this and now we all have the perfect excuse the take things easy - we are worrying for Judy. Guess you will still have to keep up with your work - but we have a lot of worrying to do for you to get it right. I guess if you really wanted to join us for a stupid movie weekend we would let you pick the movie - don't expect special treatment all the time though. What was it you wanted to drink - I'll get it for you and that is a reclining couch......

Ok - need more people - need more jokes.

Annette

Irish Jokes:

Six retired Irishmen were playing poker in O'Leary's apartment when Paddy Murphy loses $500 on a single hand, clutches his chest, and drops dead at the table. Showing respect for their fallen brother, the other five continue playing standing up. Michael O'Conner looks around and asks, 'Oh, me boys, someone got's to tell Paddy's wife. Who will it be?' They draw straws. Paul Gallagher picks the short one. They tell him to be discreet, be gentle, don't make a bad situation any worse. 'Discreet??? I'm the most discreet Irishman you'll ever meet.

Discretion is me middle name. Leave it to me.'

Gallagher goes over to Murphy's house and knocks on the door. Mrs. Murphy answers, and asks what he wants. Gallagher declares, 'Your

husband just lost $500, and is afraid to come home.' 'Tell him to drop dead!', says Murphy's wife. 'I'll go tell him.' says Gallagher.

Into a Belfast pub comes Paddy Murphy, looking like he'd just been run over by a train. His arm is in a sling, his nose is broken, his face is cut, and bruised, and he's walking with a limp. 'What happened to you?' asks Sean, the bartender.'Jamie O'Conner and me had a fight,' says Paddy. 'That little O'Conner,' says Sean, 'He couldn't do that to you, he must have had something in his hand.' 'That he did,' says Paddy, 'a shovel is what he had, and a terrible

lickin' he gave me with it.' 'Well,' says Sean, 'you should have defended yourself. Didn't you have something in your hand?'

That I did,' said Paddy, 'Mrs. O'Conner's breast, and a thing of beauty it was; but useless in a fight.'

An Irishman who had a little too much to drink is driving home from the city one night and, of course, his car is weaving violently all over the

road. A cop pulls him over. 'So,' says the cop to the driver, 'where have ya been?' 'Why, I've been to the pub of course,' slurs the drunk.

'Well,' says the cop, 'it looks like you've had quite a few to drink this evening.' 'I did all right,' the drunk says with a smile.

'Did you know,' says the cop, standing straight, and folding his arms

across his chest, 'that a few intersections back, your wife fell out of

your car?'

'Oh, thank heavens,' sighs the drunk. 'for a minute there, I thought I'd

gone deaf.'

Brenda O'Malley is home making dinner, as usual,

When Tim Finnegan arrives at her door.

'Brenda, may I come in?' he asks. 'I've somethin' to tell ya'.

'Of course you can come in, you're always welcome, Tim. But where's my

husband?'

'That's what I'm here to be telling ya, Brenda. There was an accident

down at the Guinness brewery'

'Oh, God no!' cries Brenda. 'Please don't tell me.'

'I must, Brenda. Your husband Shamus is dead and gone. I'm sorry.

Finally, she looked up at Tim. 'How did it happen, Tim?'

'It was terrible, Brenda.. He fell into a vat of Guinness Stout, and

drowned.'

'Oh my dear Jesus! But you must tell me true, Tim, did he at least go

quickly?'

'Well, Brenda, no. In fact, he got out three times to pee.'

Mary Clancy goes up to Father O'Grady after his Sunday morning service,

and she's in tears.

He says, 'So what's bothering you, Mary my dear?'

She says, 'Oh, Father, I've got terrible news.. My husband passed away

last night.'

The priest says, 'Oh, Mary, that's terrible. Tell me, Mary, did he have

any last requests?'

She says, 'That he did, Father.'

The priest says, 'What did he ask, Mary?'

'She says, 'He said, 'Please Mary, put down that damn gun..'

*/AND THE BEST FOR LAST/*

A drunk staggers into a Catholic Church, enters a confessional booth,

sits down, but says nothing.

The Priest coughs a few times to get his attention, but the drunk

continues to sit there..

Finally, the Priest pounds three times on the wall.

The drunk mumbles, 'Ain't no use knockin, there's no paper on this side

either.'

Good morning, everyone!

It was 66 degrees as I rode to work this morning. Forecast high is 86. The south wind is really blowing again, so it will be a long ride home.

Eric, I'm reminded, just like I'm sure you have been many times, that there is only much that you can do to help someone. Beyond that, they have to be willing to help themselves.

I was reading Dr West's GRACE posting and was struck by how much one of his patients sounded like me: doing well, but now wanting to retire, but not really ready. I guess this stuff hits a lot of us the same.

I have to admit to being down today after KW Judy's news. Bad news from friends here just never gets any easier to take.

It may be a bit harder to do today, but everyone do your best to have a great day!

now chust a wee minute Becky,crivvens jings michty me and help ma boab,Iam SCOTTISH,no Irish,we might be Celts but theres a wheen o' a difference between us,noo dinna get me started wi an explaination,well one example oor Scotch Whisky is much better than the Irish WhiskEy equialent,nuff said,Happy St Patricks Day.

Now Eric, my irish friend at Fenian's Irish Pub said the Scottish are Celtic, and therefore Irish. Her only other comment is that they are Irish that can not swim! Assuming that is due to the island????

She also said Corned Beef is not the proper meat to serve on St. Patty's Day. I can't remember what she said it was, some kind of bacon I think. Anyway, all I know is the grocer has Corned Beef on sale right now, and it's right good with potatoes and carrots, and that's what we're having tonight as well.

Anyway, I agree with Bud. It stinks when one of us gets bad news. Even more when it's vague and not definitive. Judy, you are loved here and I am praying for you.

Becky, can I join you guys in the boat on the chocolate lake? That just sounds like fun.

Paulette, thanks for the jokes.

MI Judy

Judy, join us in the boat, there's plenty of room, and river chocolate carries no calories, so Bud can join in, too. Heck, everyone can come!

Physically, Eric, you are closer to Irish than the rest of us on this side of the pond! Personally, I am a blend of Irish, Scottish, English and German. That's a lot of good food, stubbornness, and one mean temper, all rolled into a bonny blue-eyed lass with blonde curls. Who'da thunk it? LOL

**MI Judy, the word that escaped you yesterday, and NOTHING to do with today's visual exercise, is "diarrhea". LOL

Hey guys. I'm o.k. It took a good night's sleep and an evening with Wendy and Dominick to get back into fighting mode. The only thing to decide now is WHEN I'll go off Tarceva and back on IV chemo. I can wait the full three months until my scan or call my onc and say I'm ready to start sooner. I think she would have put me on it now if I hadn't suggested I'd take a break if she did.

Becky dear, there is nothing I love more than chocolate so I'm definitely on board. Just don't make me choose between chocolate and Bailey's. I want both! I'll be missing most if not all of today because I can't get my daughter to stop talking long enough. She's hardly taken a breath since I started lol. Gotta love her! And besides, she's an RN who works on an oncology floor and she said she's never taken care of anyone whose as tough at handling chemo as I am!

Have a great day everyone and know that I am O.K.

Judy in KW

Being the of full blooded Irish decent that I am I must jump in and join the good wishes for St. Paddy's Day.

I was amazed to find out just a few years ago on a trip to England in March that St. Patrick himself was not Irish! He was English! I had never , ever heard that before.

Again

Happy St. Patricks Day

Donna G

Well of course you are okay Judy - your family tried to cheer you up - then you read about all of us thinking about you and realized we care so much about you how else could you react. Especially since Becky is taking you on such an awesome canoe trip. Seems like all you do is go out and have fun on boats. But I could almost taste the strawberries as I read - I would love to tag along. In fact - since Judy would like some Bailey's I'm thinking the boys will have to be designated paddlers so they might as well be waiters too - gosh couldn't we use a relaxing couple of hours, days, etc. 2 1/2 hours til my doctors appointment....sigh.

Once again I hope Paulette doesn't mind if I share her jokes after I clean up the soda I spit all over my desk. I believe I have learned one lesson today. Do not take a drink as your read Paulettes or Becky's posts!

Annette

Oh shoot my Secretary just sent me her favorite St. Patrick's joke of all time - so I have to share it ....

An Irish man walks into a pub. The bartender asks him, "what'll you have?" The man says, "Give me three pints of Guinness please." So the bartender brings him three pints and the man proceeds to alternately sip one, then the other, then the third until they're gone. He then orders three more. The bartender says, "Sir, I know you like them cold. You don't have to order three at a time. I can keep an eye on it and when you get low I'll bring you a fresh cold one." The man says, "You don't understand. I have two brothers, one in Australia and one in the States. We made a vow to each other that every Saturday night we'd still drink together. So right now, my brothers have three Guinness Stouts too, and we're drinking together. The bartender thought that was a wonderful tradition. Every week the man came in and ordered three beers. Then one week he came in and ordered only two. He drank them and then ordered two more. The bartender said to him, "I know what your tradition is, and I'd just like to say that I'm sorry that one of your brothers died." The man said, "Oh, me brothers are fine----I just quit drinking."

Annette

Annette, I loved that joke! I loved all the funnies in here today!

Judy, you inspire me. I always wonder how I'd take it if I had to go back to IV chemo. To see your courage makes me realize that it is doable. Thank you. But do feel like you can come here and share your frustrations and worries too, for we are all here for each other, through the good and the bad!

I agree that the men should paddle the boat and wait on us! LOL! I can see us women just laying back and dipping our strawberries, and sipping on the Baileys. Wonderful!

Donna, it does not surprise me that St. Patrick was English. Never confuse an Irishman with an English man!

MI Judy

Annette, the love I feel here is a HUGE part of my adjustment every time this beast throws me a curve. And the guys the designated paddlers, I love it.

And the jokes, I almost forgot. Wendy hooted at Becky's toast and Paulette's first and last ones. She didn't give me time yet to read more than that. Yours is a good one too Annette.

Wendy went to take Dominick to the orthodontist and for a haircut. I have to run and get ready. We're going to Dominick's favorite new Thai restaurant for dinner.

Have a good evening everyone.

Judy in KW

Father Kelly was walking down the sidewalk when he saw Timothy O'Brien approaching the other way. It was obvious Timothy was very intoxicated and he hadnt been to church for a number of weeks. Father walked up to him and said"Shame on you Timothy,you are (spelling outloud) D-R-U-N-K while tapping Timothy on the nose. Yes I am Father and I am sorry but you should be ashamed also. Father Kelly was puzzeled and ask Timothy what he meant. Timothy responded by saying (Because I smell P-U-S-S-Y on your finger

I hope no one is offended. Happy Saint Pats Day.(ps) Im Irish and Catholic so its ok for me to tell jokes like this.

Hi All,

Its 12.14am on Friday,I really should be starting the morning air,but I think in this case a reply to Thursday's Air more appropriate,I had previously (Tuesday) confirmed with one of my bowling buddies,I would be there for the 8.30pm starting time on Thursday.However later I discovered my daughter Jennnifer had bought me tickets for Sally and I to see Mamma Mia at the Armadillo Centre in Glasgow on the 17th of March.Sally phoned one of my bowling buddies that I have to cancel out.Jennifer bought us brill seats -centre second row from from the front,we settled down,and as soon the overture began,I was immeadiately wrapped up in the magic of a live theatre show,was it good? it was wonderful,I was singing along to the music,the songs of Benny and Bjorn were brillantly strung to-gether to form the narrative of the story,costumes were outstanding,performances of the cast exuberant and energetic,a total joy to me,so much was I enjoying myself, Judy of KW came into my mind,how I wished she could have shared with Stan the seats next to me,I just know this was an occassion,that would have been the perfect antidote to her current situation.The last part of the second act,I was up on my feet singing along word for word with the cast,finishing up with Waterloo.JudyKW, since my dx I promised myself to share with everyone honestly, for good or ill,exactly how I feel at a moment of time,if Mamma Mia comes anywhere near you,go and see it.Goodnight everyone.