X-Ray Results

Annette

Well I can check that stress off the list. Surprisingly - nothing has changed in my x-ray and the doctor suggested going out to six months. I suggested 3 months and she said okay - So I will get a CT in 3 months and then to the 6 month jump. Seems right to go to September because I actually had my second surgery in August.

So that's one stress down - and too many others to count.

Although - my boss called me in first thing this morning and apologized for yesterday. Said that Marco minded his own business - was not a distraction - and he did not see why he had to go immediately - just work on it. Which is all well and good - my mom told us last night that she IS getting out Saturday. (I said are you sure and she said she told them she is leaving and she is leaving. Okay - but I don't buy any stuff that is bad for you at the grocery store. She says she understands and is going to try. - You may not have gotten that but that was hilarious - or we could start a "chocolate" pool to see how and when she manages to get some in the house.

I'm doing good today - not much stress - but a lot of work - so I'll check back later after someone else opens the air.

Annette

Yeah Annette, good job on the xray. Bet my onc would like to have you as a patient. I'm always trying to stretch my scan times out the other direction. Well, I used too. No more now. It doesn't hurt to be cautious.

Judy in KW

Hi Annette,

great news with the x-ray,moving to six monthly intervals,actually that is the norm here in the UK,we dont do 3 monthly intervals,as for CT scans?forget it.Oncologists here and GPs think its a money generating scheme by devised in America to enrich the medical profession,when there is no evidence to show that these tests increase survivors life chances.This comment I have received first hand when I had paid privately to have a CT scan done and asked my GP and oncologist to interpret the full report,both rubbished my scan report as a waste of money,and only served to heighten patient anxieties at the time of the scan.Incidentally,my last x-ray was scheduled for the 28th of March,an appointment which was arranged six months prior,I knew at the time it was about due so I checked my appointment card,guess when?the 29th March,drat-I did phone to apologise,they werent impressed with me,said they would re-schedule me-I havent heard anything since,think they are in the huff with me?

Hi Annette,

Great news on your test results! I know it's scary to be adding time between your tests and appointments, but it is the path to being a long-term survivor. Stay within your comfort level along this path and extend the intervals when you and your doctor agree to the plan-again many congratulations on your good results!

Cindy