Barb1260

Well of course I’m allergic to Taxol-ugh

Oh Barb you can have some wine 🍷 small miracles ...cheers my friend.. I am finding myself obsessing over every article on google over lung cancer and I have not even been diagnosed..of course I’m about the what if’s all the time and I know you are following my story as I am following yours.  I was supposed to see the pulmonologist in April but just can’t wait and watch and I have a new appointment with a pulmonologist February 13 that I booked today I just need to know something and maybe it’s the unknown that I can’t stand.

lisa

Hi Lisa. The not knowing and waiting is the worst. I play the what if game also it’s the worst. Seeing the pulmonologist will give you a better understanding. Write a list of questions. Glad you got the appointment pushed up. Funny thing, I’m not in the mood for the approved wine. 

Hope you have a good weekend. Don’t google-take a no google weekend!

After getting the insurance broker liaison involved to get the replacement approved for the Taxol that I was allergic to, went for first dose of Taxotere and I had a reaction to that too. And it was supposed to be for people who can’t tolerate the Taxol. So I’ve only gotten Carboplatin for 3 weeks in a row. Back to the drawing board. 

Well, crap.  

Does the oncologist have any other suggestions/alternatives?  Or have you had a chance to meet with the oncologist?

You're the first person I've heard of with that kind of allergy--exactly when you DON'T wanna be "special."

LexieCat-yes I did get a chance to speak to the onc. There is another drug but they of course have to show protocol to the insurance company to get it approved. 

I had allergy grid tests of 60 things on my back years ago. All came up positive-especially trees and weeds. Taxol etc. is from the ewe tree. 

Michelle-keeping the faith that at least it is working. Just gotta go with whatever is happening 

Wow--well, hopefully the third time's the charm.  Meantime, good that you're getting the Carbo, at least.  

Hang in there!  You're a trouper.