Thank you

bes

Wasn't sure where to post this but I wish to thank everyone here for their kindness doing this Journey.  My hubby has just got home from being in the hospital with pneumonia and bladder infection while there a ct scan of the chest was done and the tumor is now 8cm after much thought and discussion my hubby decided to go with hospice.  Not the outcome I wanted but he wishes no more hospital trips and feeling sick all the time.  The doctors could not tell us for sure if the radiation was making the tumor larger or if it was growing on it's own; everything else was stable. 

Again thanks

bes,

I completely understand what you both are feeling. 

My wife endured my treatment and over the years I’ve come to realize that she suffered far more that I. 

We all hope for good outcomes but far more often than not, we face your husband’s dilemma. I’ll pray for you both. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

I'm sorry things have gone this way for you two, bes.  This disease really sucks.  I do hope that hospice provides you both with comfort and peace during this time.

Please stay in touch and remember to take good care of you, too.

Sending a hug and warm thoughts.

Hi bes, I wish your journey had a more positive direction. I know hospice is a hard decision, but sometimes it's a good one. I wish peace and comfort for both of you also.

• 2 weeks later...

Bes my father opted for hospice after it was clear the treatment for his lung cancer was not having the desired results.  It was difficult for me and others to accept, but I did get the opportunity to spend a lot of time with him during that period.  I am grateful we were given that time to spend together free of doctors, hospitals, scans and treatments.  I believe he was grateful for the reprieve as well.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.  

Archived