Mally

Mally

Scan time again already ..gee the 3 months fly by but at least I've only got 2 days till I see the oncologist for the results which is a godsend because you all know about the scanziety waiting for results...tomorrow is the day for results of both my lung cancer and of the sarcoma cancer nearly 7 yrs ago ...I got a full body ct scan and an MRI of my leg ...I'm quite uptight tonight ☹☹

Thankyou for your good wishes and prayers and it's good news on my lung cancer results with no new spots and lymph nodes are still out of site so I'm very happy however I got news that worries me about the sarcoma in my leg that is nearly 7 yrs ago something showed on the bone in the area of the soft tissue sarcoma but oncologist said it's probably damage from radiotherapy back in 2012 and thinks its unlikely to be anything to worry about because soft tissue sarcomas dont mets to the bone so I'm having a pet scan to make sure all is good and I dont have any pain in my leg so that's a good sign and sarcomas go to lungs if it spreads and no sign there so hopefully all good ..

That's great, Mally!  Hopefully the PET scan will put your mind at ease about the leg.  But terrific news on your lungs and lymph nodes!

You're rockin' it.  :) 

Opdivo is being good to me except for the itchy big rash areas but if it's working I dont care because at least its sparing my face and arms and just wanted to include how opdivo is put through at half the time now so half hour is great and oncologist said today they may be doing double quantity once a month instead of fortnightly so that may be good too unless side effects double with getting twice as much in one go ...

• 1 month later...

Well I had a pet scan mainly to check on the mark on my tibia and oncologist said it's not cancer and hes not worried about it and the lymph nodes in my chest did light up but that was expected even though they were barely visible on ct scan the oncologist said the opdivo is doing a good job but I was going to ask him but was too busy taking in the results why cant they remove lymph nodes that have cancer in them like they took 20 out at the time of my lobectomy ? Any thoughts on this ?

Mally,

I’d guess it is a risk v reward situation; the realtively high risk of surgery opposed to the drug controlled nodes. 

Stay the course. 

Tom

Glad to hear the immunotherapy is doing it’s job! Go Mally! 

I’ve heard from some other LC pals that the lymph nodes are the last to shrink so hopefully in time that will be the case for you & the surgery question isn’t a issue.  

Archived