Update on Moms pet scan

Blossomsmom

Saw the Oncologist today for my moms bloodwork and results of yesterday’s  pet scan. Pet scan shows main lung tumor has shrunk from 3.7 cm x 3.0 cm to 2.9 cm x 1.8 cm, complete resolution of right hilar lymphadenopathy and satellite lesions in right lower lobe have resolved anatomically & metabolically. Treatment is working! This is such good news. She has a renewed sense of optimism that will get her through her treatment next week and the side effects that follow. After that she’ll be on a maintenance dose of Tecentriq. We know it’s not a cure but it buys her more time, time she so desperately wanted. I don’t know what the future will bring but for today I will savor this victory against the beast.

Leo, her first two treatments were Carboplatin and Tecentriq then third treatment they added Etoposide. She’ll get all three again next week. Then after that she’ll remain on Tecentriq indefinitely. Her doctor started her on treatment very cautiously because of her age (90). She wanted to see if she could tolerate the Carbo & Tecentriq before adding the Etoposide. The addition of the Etoposide seemed to increase her fatigue and made her feel pretty awful which made her begin to question her decision to have treatment at all. But over the last week she began to feel better and when we got her pet scan results yesterday it renewed her determination to get through it.

Archived